Reload this Page >

Paris Hotel with a Gym/Fitness Room

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 04:09 PM
donna

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Paris with a decent gym or fitness room. <BR> <BR>At this point I would like hotels in any area and price range. <BR> <BR>I am having trouble finding a Paris hotel website where that is one of the search criteria. <BR> <BR>Thanks. <BR> <BR>Donna <BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 04:31 PM
Thyra

Donna, based upon my experience, European hotels with gyms tend to be impersonal, chain hotels that cater to business travelers. I am an exercise fanatic however and not being able to work out while on vacation makes me a cranky travel partner. I have solved the problem by always booking my Paris hotel near the Luxembourg Gardens which are a safe and scenic place for a morning jog. There are also, I believe, though I have never used them, other gyms in Paris that may be able to let you have a temporary pass. Bon Voyage.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 05:32 PM
Meg

I haven't stayed there, but I just happened across this place in my Frommer's Paris 2000 book this afternoon and thought - wow - a gym - that's odd. It's the Hotel Saint-James Paris, 43 av. Bugeaud, 75016 - 800/525-4800. It's in the very expensive category with rooms starting at 2100F. Their website is www.saint-james_paris.com.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 12:52 AM
Peg

Donna, When I was searching for hotels, I came across Sully Saint Germaine at hotelbook.com. In their photo gallery, there is a workout room and also a whirlpool. Have never stayed there so I can't give a personal recommendation, but the website looked good.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 05:38 AM
jeannine

The Hilton at the airport has an indoor pool and a gym. The train to the city is right outside its door--a half an hour ride into the city.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 05:39 AM
jeannine

ooops-meant to say Charles De Gaulle

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 08:40 AM
donna

Thanks for the replies. <BR> <BR>Since I do prefer a smaller type of hotel it looks like I might take suggestion number 1 and take up jogging. <BR> <BR>Any other suggestions are welcome. <BR> <BR>Donna

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:27 PM
Christina

You won't find a small hotel with a gym, or a cheap one. The Ritz has a nice gym. The Holiday Inn Republique also has a fitness facility, but it is a very large hotel, of course. The Royal Monceau has a good pool and fitness center, and the Intercontinental (1st arr) has a fitness ctr. The Sully and St James seem like good suggestions as I know they are not huge (the St James is quite small, only 16 rooms/suites, it's very nice from what I've seen, I'd choose it). If you are not staying for a while on business, my other suggestion would be to forget about going to a gym (when would you have time to go?). If you are on vacation and sightseeing, you should be walking miles a day anyway, I know I do. Actually, I did post a detailed list of names and addresses of stand-alone gyms in Paris where you can go paying by the day not too long ago on here in response to someone, just do a search and you should find that info.