Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where is best weather in Europe, Dec-March for travel . . .

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 01:05 PM
CJ

I've noticed great fares this time of year and would assume that the south (Italy, Spain, etc) has the best weather, but would love to hear first-hand where people travel. <BR> <BR>We've been to Europe before, but I'd love to take advantage of these fares. <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 03:07 PM
Pedro

Looking for the mildest climate you would be able to choose among Sicily (Italy), Malta or Cadiz province (Spain). A bit drier and also very beautiful specially at the end of February, with almond trees flourishing, is Alicante province (Spain). In this period of time I am certain you will have good prices to stay. If you have the chance to travel to many places, I would suggest you to visit Madeira and Canary Islands. Good weather and wonderful landscape.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 03:15 PM
Gloria

Hi CJ: <BR> <BR>You mentioned seeing some great fares... just out of curiosity have you seen any good ones to London? And if so, where? <BR>We're going to London mid-March. <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR>Gloria

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 03:15 PM
Thyra

CJ it all depends upon your definition of wonderful. We come from So. Cal and so chilly sunshine, some rain and dampness is fine for us.We always travel to Europe in March.. best fares as you mentioned, less crowded and even hotels are less expensive. Oddly enough the best weather we had for March travel was in Austria! We brought parka's and mittens expecting snow! It was in the mid 60F sunny and downright toasty! That same trip we arrived inParis and nearly got frostbitten. Southern Italy had some nice weather when we went at that time of year, so you'd be safe going to that area. Bon Voyage!

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 01:53 PM

back to the top

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:03 PM
CJ

Thanks for the info. <BR> <BR>And Gloria, try www.smarterliving.com. I get a weekly newsletter from them and have seen some good fares. I know this week from Phoenix there are great fares to Amsterdam, Spain and Switzerland, but I didn't see any to London. However, there may be good fares to London from other parts of the country. Good luck.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:39 PM
Judy

CJ,www. go-today.com, www. sidestep.com. One has very good package deals(go-today.com). Gloria: sidestep has very good comparative rates for air....good luck. Weather is important, but not paramount to me....going to London in Feb. on a BA package, FYI. Judy In fact. London fares with United were coming in around 328$