Reload this Page >

paris hotel recommendations please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 08:05 PM
jsaras

I will be visiting Paris for the first time this July...so will be wanting to see all the major attractions. From what I can tell the 6th or the 7th is the place to stay, proximity-wise. Can anyone give me hotel recommendations for either of these areas? Looking for moderately priced accomodations (not cheap but not luxury either) and would prefer a "french" hotel (ie family owned or some such) rather than a chain <BR> <BR>Also, i've researched a few already: Hotel Bersolys, Hotel Muguet, Hotel L'Abbaye, Familia. Has anyone stayed in these? <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 09:34 PM
Betsy

The Familia is a good hotel. I've stayed in this area and will again, also this July! I would recommend the Hotel Champs De Mars. I have stayed there. A single is about $70 a night with a bathroom/shower. It is family owned, but in many guidebooks and so you will find Americans there, but so what? It is in a great location right on the Rue Cler within a block of the Eiffel Tower. And just down the Rue Cler is the Grand Laveque another well priced, family run hotel. With the market street, this neighborhood feels small while being well located to many sights. The Familia is on a busy stree so if you choose it, I would recommend a room on the courtyard. <BR>Happy Travels! <BR>Betsy

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 10:20 PM
Diane

Look at www.hotelboulevard.com <BR>I had good luck with them.

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 09:27 AM
Margo

FAMILIA: 11, rue Ecoles. Tel: 0143545527. Fax: 0143296177. (30 rms., all w/toilet & bath or shower.) 400-560F/61-85EUR single; 420-620F/64-96EUR double; 660-760F/101-116EUR triple; 730F/111EUR quad. Breakfast (7-10am) at 30F pp can be served in the room (5F extra pp). Visa, MC, AX. English spoken (Eric), cable TV w/CNN, charming wonderful hotel w/nicely furnished (Louis XV-style or mahogany) carpeted pretty rms. which vary in size from small to smaller, bathrooms are being modernized, 8 rms. facing the front on the 2nd, 5th & 6th flrs. have balconies which include a table & 2 chairs, the rooms facing the front on the 5th & 6th floor have views of Notre-Dame cathedral, rooms facing the inner courtyard are smaller and cheaper, 20 rms. are uniquely decorated with individual themed frescoes; #21 (double bed), 23 (French double bed, bathtub, balcony & faces street) & 22 (2 twin beds, petite bathtub, balcony & faces street) are for a double; #61 (double bed, 1 twin bed & balcony) is a rm. for 3 people; #62 (2 double beds, shower & balcony w/fabulous view of rooftops) & 65 (ground flr. rm. w/double bed, 2 twin beds & bathtub) are for a family; #51 is 19th-century stone wall rm. w/double bed & balcony w/view of rooftops & street; #14 w/balcony faces the street; soundproofed, minibars, hair driers, stonewalled hallways, elevator, 6 flrs. Owned and managed by the very friendly & accommodating Eric Gaucheron who is constantly improving the hotel. Eric is totally committed to pleasing the guests and will bend over backwards to make sure you are comfortable. He doesn’t like having a Web site because he prefers to talk with his guests directly. Eric’s wife, Sylvie Royer, owns/manages the Hotel Minerve next door. Métro: Maubert-Mutualité. <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 09:56 AM
Carol

I'd go with Bersoly's because it's in a wonderful neighborhood straddling the 6th and 7th, a block or two from the D'Orsay, right across the bridge from the Louvre and well-located for all of Paris's other attractions. I love this neighborhood. It's the high-end antiques area of the Left Bank, with lots of lovely moderate restaurants and great strolling. It's also in walking distance (15-20 minutes)of the heart of the 6th, with all its outdoor cafes and street life.