Hotels in Paris for family of four

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 07:03 PM
Nancy R.

Hotels in Paris for family of four

My husband and I will be visiting Paris in July with our 2 children. I have been spending hours going through lists of hotels, but most of them seem to be for 3 people or less. Can anyone help with a suggestion of a hotel that has rooms for 4 in the $150 to $200 dollar range. Please help!

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 05:48 PM
chuck

We are in the same situation. This is what we found:

www.hotelboulevard.com has a database searchable for "quad" rooms. It also has reviews posted by people that stayed at each property.

www.123france.com only lists hotels by district and price, but lists rates which clearly if the hotel offers quads (or triples with extra beds).

www.paris.org also gives traveller reviews, but little other info.

Finally, we checked a number of hotels that looked good and requested adjoining double rooms. Several hotels were able to accomodate, and you should could still be able get a good place for $200.

Good luck

Old Jan 21st, 2000, 04:39 PM
susanne

Try the triple room fifth floor at the hotel du quai voltaire. bring ear plugs as it faces the seine. views are great, but the hotel is a bit run down. staff was marvelous.we had the same problem traveling to Paris with our two grandchildren but this room was HUGE.

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 09:49 AM
Margo

PALAIS BOURBON: 49, rue Bourgogne. 7e Tel: 0144113070. Fax: 0145552021. Web site: http://www.globe-market-com/ E-mail: [email protected] (32 rms., 25 w/toilet & bath or shower.) 495F/75EUR single; 625F/95EUR double; 740F/113EUR triple; 800F/122EUR quad. Air-conditioned (50% of the rms.). Breakfast (7:15-10am) at 22F pp. (I recommend you take it because it is so cheap.) Visa, MC. English spoken (Thierry), cable TV w/CNN, wonderful old country-style warm 2-bldg. hotel w/simply & individually furnished bright nice-size to large rms., modern large bathrooms, high ceilings, wooden flrs., most of the rooms are large enough for extra twin beds for triple or quads, #2 (king-size bed or 2 twin beds, minibar & a/c) at 625F for a double; #4 (large rm w/king-size bed or 2 twin beds) at 625F; #1 (very large rm. w/king-size bed or 2 twin beds, minibar & faces back) at 625F for a double; #26 (large attic 2 rms. w/double bed, 2 twin beds, a/c, minibar & sitting area) at 800F for a family; 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 19, 21, 24 (attic rm.), 25 (attic rm.) & 27 (attic rm.) are large rms. w/king-size beds or 2 twin beds at 625F for a double; 20 rms. w/minibars & hair driers, soundproofed, great breakfast rms., elevator, 5 flrs. Owned/managed by Mr. Thierry Claudon. Mr. Claudon tries very hard to be reserved but he is wonderful & cuddly like a teddy bear. He doesn’t like rude people on the phone and will tell you he is full if you are not pleasant. That would be a shame because this is a great hotel. Métro: Varenne.

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 10:59 AM
Jerald

Just returned w/wife & 2 teens, We stayed @ the Home Plazza Bastille. It is an all suite hotel. Very nice & clean. They have family rooms w/stove & small ref. I highly recommend it. E-mail them [email protected]