paris hotel internet reservation

Feb 11th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

paris hotel internet reservation

I made reservation at hotel saint jacques on their website. However, I have tried to email them questions but have not recieved a response. I want to call but wonder if anybody can give advice on speaking to them, seeing that I can only speak broken french!
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:35 PM

This website says that English, as well as other languages, is spoken there.

http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75005stjacques.htm

Go ahead and call them, I'm sure it will be fine.
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:22 PM

When did you email them? Remember the time difference and give them 24-48 hrs to respond. Besides the time difference, they (meaning Europeans) don't seem to be as worried about responding immediately to email as we seem to be in the states or at least that has been my experience with both Paris and London.

I think we (Americans) panic when we don't get an immediate response...but I've found if I'll be more patient than I normally am, I do get a response. But, if they don't answer after a couple days, go ahead and call -- when I do need to call, I always try to call when it's noon or early afternoon in Europe to be sure and get hold of someone who can answer questions but hopefully not when everyone is trying to check out or in. Not sure if it works like that outside of US but I know here sometimes the evening and night staff can't answer questions if it's not cut and dry answers so I made a broad assumptio that it could be the same there.
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:25 PM

Oh, and if you do call, I've found that if you start out trying to speak French on the phone, they will respond more positively. My conversation usually starts with "Bonjour Madame (or Monsier). Pardon. Parlez Vous l'anglais?" Normally the reply is "Yes, may I help you." At which time I breathe a sigh of relief because that is the only phrase I have down pat......or think I do anyway. Trying to speak French and not assuming that they speak English works on the phone as well as in person.
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:28 PM

hart0314 - I stayed there last spring and loved it. I had one of the rooms under the eaves on the top floor (up one flight of stairs). I also had some questions, emailed them and got a fairly quick response if I remember correctly. The people at the desk during the day spoke English well. Hope you enjoy your stay,
Mara