COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

PARIS HOTEL HELP NEEDED

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 09:46 AM
Diane

PARIS HOTEL HELP NEEDED

My husband and I are headed to Paris in October and would like to know if anyone has heard of/seen/stayed in the Bel Ami Saint-Germain, aka Alliance St. Germain ont he left bank? I've been unable to find any info on this hotel on any of the many French websites I've visited. We're considering using the French Experience tour group land-only package deal and this hotel is listed with them as 4-star. I've heard the 6th is one of the best districts to stay in with great hotels so why can't I find anything on it?

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 10:38 AM
Lesli

They have their own website (which I found by pasting the hotel name into Yahoo's search engine.) http://www.hotel-paris.com/goldentulip-stgermain/

The hotel looks quite lovely, and is extremely well-located. I have heard good things about the jazz club located in the lobby.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 12:06 PM
elaine

Hi
I haven't stayed there, but found one very positive comment on it from a past hotel guest at www.paris.org
the hotel was formerly under the name "Latitudes Saint-Germain". Perhaps it's under new management.
As for the ranking, under the old name it was(is) a 3-star hotel (gov't rating); I don't know if French Experience is quoting a revised gov't rating that now makes it 4-star, or if like so many tour organizations it has made up its own rating system with stars.

Old Aug 17th, 2000, 01:53 PM
Jeff

Hi Diane,
I have never heard of that hotel, but I did stay at a wonderful 3 star hotel in the St. Germain overlooking the church of the same name. It is called Hotel Madison and I loved it. I stayed there three nights and I will definitely return. If you get a chance visit their website.

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 08:33 AM
Jerry

Stayed there in July,1997. At that time price booked was approx $150 w tax. Noticed that it is much higher now. Location great for this area. Had street location with opening windows. Could be a bit noisy in evening. Plenty of outside restaurants. Central location easy walking to many sites. Room was adequate with nice bathroom. Great breakfast which was incl at that time. We walked everywhere from here.