Paris Hotel Help - 7th or 15th

Apr 9th, 2002, 07:17 AM
jj

Paris Hotel Help - 7th or 15th

I've tried some of the most recommended hotels on this forum, and they are booked (for June). I've tried Champ du Mars, Palais Bourbon, Hotel Balcons, Grandes Ecoles, Hotel Familia, Hotel Muguet, La Motte Picquet, Hotel Saint Germaine.
Can anyone recommend another hotel I can try?

Apr 9th, 2002, 08:46 AM
xxx

www.hotelvaladon.com

Apr 9th, 2002, 08:59 AM
elaine

the following are some others in the 5th, 6th, or 7th that have been recommended on this forum--you can do a search on each here for past comments.
I have not stayed at them
Turenne (7th),Minerve,Danube, Derby Eiffel, Grand Hotel des Balcons,
Grand Hotel Leveque,Libertel Bellechasse, Hotel du Mont Blanc, Port Royal, Quai Voltaire, Palais Bourbon, and Hotel Residence du Bois (16th).

Apr 9th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Barbara

www.hotel-royalphare-paris.com

Apr 9th, 2002, 09:09 AM
MIke Shaw

JJ,
Used this for Academie reservation:
http://www.bookings.org/fr

Used this for a TimHotel reservation:
http://www.webtourist.net/

Another possibility:
http://www.travel-in-paris.com/

Enjoy

Apr 9th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Christina

June is a very busy month in Paris and most of those you've named are cited in articles, many guidebooks, on here, etc, so will be booked up by now. In addition to the above suggestions, all good, I'll give you a few in the 15th as those are less likely to be booked. These are budget hotels in a good area of the 15th so fairly convenient (near the 7th border): Hotel Beaugrenelle Saint Charles (see www.123france.com or www.hotelbeaugralize.com), Hotel Charles Quinze, Hotel Fondary (www.parishotels.com).
The Beaugrenelle owners also have nearby Hotel Alize Grenelle which is a little more expensive, that URL shows you both. Hotel Ares is also in that area and is on parishotels.com, but it didn't seem as nice or good a deal to me.

If you get desperate, the Ibis Cambronne is in that area and has many rooms -- it's good value and kept up, just nothing very charming.

Apr 9th, 2002, 07:19 PM
anonymous

I have not stayed there, but the hotel l'Empereur is right down from the street from the Muguet and looked nice from the outside. You might try it.

Apr 9th, 2002, 07:28 PM
L

try Velendron, Velandron, around the corner from Du Champ de Mars. It looked preferable to us. Rick Steves says avoid the basement. We did not stay here.

Apr 9th, 2002, 10:46 PM
sandy c(new bern)

hi jj,

I went to paris in october with 4 other people and stayed at a hotel that I highly recommend. hotel du bois in the 16th. it is just 2 blocks from the arch and from that end of the champs elysees. had 3 metro stations all within 2-3 blocks and the most central george v within 3 blocks. office of tourism within a couple of blocks. we spent all day around paris and then returned to our hotel and then walked back up to the champs elysees during the evenings. it was wonderful!

the rooms: they were huge and i mean huge based on most 3 star standards, bathrooms were the same, huge. and very tastefully decorated in moderate tones. the hotel is a small 40 room hotel but they keep it up (in other words it does not look travel worn).

now, the downside is as with most small hotels they do not have air conditioning (they do have fans in every room) , nor do they have an elevator. we were on the 2nd floor but the room itself made up for having to hawl our luggage up the stairs. (i have been to paris 3 times, twice staying in absolute dumps so this was wonderful).

you do not hear much about this hotel because it is a gem (i have been told to keep my mouth shut more than once (grin).)

if you are interested, a company we used called holidaycity.com gave us the best rate. I would not recommend the single with shower, that was small. I would go up and got a double with bath if you are traveling alone or double/twin with bath for two. (the bath has a bathtub and shower spray).

thru holidaycity.com the cont breakfast is included in the price 98 euros per room. it also looks like they have a lot of june dates open.

the site address for this hotelis at:

www.hoteldubois.com

thru holidaycity.com

http://www.holidaycity.com/hotel-du-bois-paris/index.htm

sandy c