Paris Hotel Grandes Ecoles

Sep 11th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Paris Hotel Grandes Ecoles

For those who have stayed or know...their website mentions a hill... pls describe since some in my group may be challenged by "hill". Also, do rooms have a/c? Have looked at various threads.

Many thanks.
Sep 11th, 2007, 08:17 AM

Last time we stayed there, no A/C. The hill is a climb up from the metro. If you have someone who can't do hills at all, then look elsewhere.
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:29 AM

Dont know about AC but that area around the Pantheon is definitely up hill - not good for elderly or hill challenged imo.
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:35 AM

The Pantheon is on one of the seven hills in Paris (I think that's how many there are). It's not like rock climbing or anything, but you are definitely going on an uphill grade to the location of that hotel starting from several blocks away, and so one may notice that it takes more effort and stamina to walk. I believe it is uphill from the closest metro stop, and actually from two of them, I think. It's not like the hills in San Francisco or anything.

They have a website and no AC is mentioned, so I'm sure they don't have it or they'd say they did.
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:53 AM

I stayed there for 4 days..The hotel does not have AC but if it is a hot day, they will gladly give you a large fan.
Walking up the hill is not too bad unless of course you have some kind of problem.
I must tell you that the place is so quiet at night that it make you forget that you are in Paris..
I usually sleep very little when I travel but I was able to get my zzzzzss while I was there.
Sep 11th, 2007, 10:11 AM

We stayed there two years ago for several nights in early October. There was a large fan in the room so I assume no AC. There is an elevator and a nice terrace and garden with tables and chairs. It is very secure because at night a huge wood gate is locked. I don't remember the location being too hilly ( nothing like Montmarte area ) and metro is Cardinal LeMoine. There is a school adjacent to this hotel and we could hear the children singing early in the am and the music teacher singing the scales. For the price it is a delightful small hotel. If you decide to stay there, bring all your bath products because they supply very little.