Paris hotel for 1 night...please help

Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Paris hotel for 1 night...please help

We are only 17 days from our departure and I have yet another question. We are flying RyanAir from Valencia to Beav airport in Paris. The following morning (10:00am) is our return flight to the states from CDG. We need a budget hotel (family of 4)where we can easily use public transportation to get to CDG.Should I still reserve the shuttle from Beav into Paris? Also, we are not checking luggage so just curious what time I should be at CDG for the 1000 international flight. Thanks!

Tina
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:56 AM

I haven't ever gone to/from Beauvais, but my understanding is that you would have to go into Paris anyway to get to CDG. I don't see any particular reason to reserve that shuttle bus though, they run all the time and their own website doesn't recommend you reserve in advance.

I'd look for a hotel around Luxembourg RER stop perhaps, for an easy run to CDG, and a pleasant area. There are other choices, I just think that is one desirable one. You could also stay near the Opera and use the Roissybus or some place with an Air France bus stop (but that costs more by a few euro per person--but gives you a lot more options).

Maybe staying near St Michel RER stop would actually be a good idea if you can find a decent place for your group, as it will be on the RER line to CDG and from Porte Maillot where the Ryanair bus drops you off.

What is your idea of a budget hotel, it would be best if you stated how much you are willing to spend.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 10:28 AM

What time do you get into Beauvais? If it is late, I may wonder if it is worthwhile staying in Paris or just getting a hotel near CDG. You want to have a bit of time to enjoy your time there. If Paris is in the plans...

I'd agree with the idea of having a hotel near a transportation link to the airport.

For the RER train, St Michel or Luxemourg would be good choices. I'd pick St Michel area just for being near Seine and Notre Dame.

Montparnasse would be a good one for the Air France shuttle bus.

Ditto for area around Opera for Roissybus.

Personally, I like the idea of the RER since it is not affected by traffic. Part of the answer of whether it is for you is the amount of luggage. There are spaces on the train to put the luggage.

I stayed at a hotel right across the street from the St Michel RER (Le Notre Dame Hotel www.hotel-paris-notredame.com). You could walk out the door, cross the street and be at the RER station. I stayed in the loft, views of Seine and Notre Dame (sunrise of Notre Dame was nice). Great location...but don't know what your budget is...

Jul 4th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

We arrive at Beauvais at 2030 that evening. We will already have had time in Paris (although I know that it will not have been enough) so our main concern is the ease to CDG for the following morning. I was hoping for an Ibis or something similar for that night. Thank you for any suggestions.

Tina
Jul 4th, 2008, 02:47 PM

Personally, I would take the bus from Beauvais to Porte Maillot (13 euro p.p.), then Air France bus to CDG (also 13 euro I think). There are at least 2 Ibis hotels at or near CDG and one for sure has free shuttle to the terminal -- Hotel Ibis Charles de Gaulle Aeroport Terminal. Since you have already spent time in Paris and since you will have very little if any time the night you arrive at the end of your trip, I would prefer being very near the terminal for my morning flight. This is a personal preference. Spending the night in Paris and taking the RER to the airport in the morning might suit you better. Call your airline for check in time. Unless you are able to self check in, you may be in a very long line.
Jul 4th, 2008, 05:59 PM

BVA is 48 miles away from Paris and transit to Paris will take at least an hour. Even if your flight is delayed, the bus usualy waits for RyanAir flights, leaving 15-30 minutes after the flight arrives. So you will get into Paris (Porte Maillot) around 2200.
For your international departure out of CDG at 1000 I would advise you to be there absolutely no later than 0800, maybe even earlier if you can manage it. (This from one notorious for the last minute dash at the airport.)
Unless you have a burning desire for a last meal in Paris, I would strongly recommend proceeding right to CDG and booking one of the airport hotels. Ibis is not posh by any means but clean and serviceable, and there is a shuttle (costs a few euros, I believe) to the terminals. The restaurant in the Ibis does offer a decent breakfast (at additional cost) if you are interested.

Jul 5th, 2008, 11:18 AM

Last year we stayed at the Courtyard Marriot near CDG.

A free shuttle from the hotel had us at the airport terminal in 10 minutes.

We had a suite for 150 euros
if I recall correctly. It was HUGE and will certainly accommodate 4 of you.

Rob
Jul 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM

Check the Accor Hotels web site for Roissy; there are hotels in various price ranges, at least 2 of which should suit you nicely.