Reload this Page >

Paris' Hotel d'Angleterre

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Marie

I must comment that in my correspondences with this hotel, I do not feel very welcome by the manager or the staff.<BR><BR>I made reservations at other locations in France for our upcoming trip and the staff seem more friendly. Also when enquiring at other Parisian hotels initially I found them to be more friendly.<BR><BR>What's up with the Hotel d'Angleterre? Are they that stuffy? Don't feel comfortable in asking them anything really. Anyone else has this experience with them?

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:18 PM
JOdy

There are several d"Angleterre..if you are talking about the one on Rue Jacob ..I cannot understand the problem..they have always been most helpful and accomodating,<BR><BR>Just what are you asking???

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Marie

It is the one on rue Jacob. Don't you think the staff and the manager are not very friendly? Well, maybe that's how they are and it's a normal thing.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:19 PM
jill

They have always been nice and cordial to me whenever I have dealt with them.<BR> Like many French business people,they don't get all "chummy" with guests, they are more formal than Americans,but that has nothing to do with the hotel.<BR> Whenever we and our friends have stayed at the Angleterre, there has been no complaint whatsoever.<BR> I stayed in a hotel once in Paris, they were very very friendly on the phone.When I arrived, they had "lost" the reservation and only through perseverance and arguing for hours did we get a crummy room.So don't go by the "charm" on the phone.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:27 PM
kate

Hi,Marie,<BR>What exactly did they say to you that made you feel unwelcome?<BR>

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:40 PM
xxx

what is it with you babys that you expect the hotels to sweettalk you and be all loveyduvey? jeez,make the damn reservation & get off the phone!maybe the french have more to do than hold your hand while you book a freakin room!

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Marie

xxx where the hell do you get off with your comments? I agreed that that's their attitude & I'm leaving it at that. Instead of trying to bust your butt over my comments you had better worry more about learning grammar and spelling-you moron.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 08:10 PM
topper

marie,I topped a couple of old posts regarding the angleterre for you.see what other people had to say about it.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Marie

Thanks topper.