Reload this Page >

Paris - Hotel D'Aubusson & Other Left Bank Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Sara

I am planning a visit to Paris for January. Although I usually stay on the right bank, I'm interested in trying the left bank this time. Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel D'Aubusson? Other left bank hotel recommendations would be appreciated. I'm looking for an upscale property in either the 5th or 6th arr. Thanks!

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 10:50 AM
xx

There are many comments on left bank hotels and of Hotel D'Aubusson in particular. It's a nice but pricey hotel that's centrally located. I think some rooms may be smaller than others however if I recall correctly. <BR><BR>I, personally, would opt for cheaper hotels but no less charming and in the St. Germain des Pres area. In particular I'd choose Hotel Millesime or Hotel Le Regent. Rooms are charming and modern-but not really large-and staff at both are great.<BR><BR>If you want higher priced ones try Hotel de L'Abbaye, Le St. Gregoire, and Le Madison. I believe Le Madison got mixed comments here.<BR><BR>Do a &quot;search&quot; in the text box above for each hotel-there are lots of comments.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 05:11 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>take the above advice and do a search here on the d'Aubusson. You will find many past comments, including mine.<BR><BR>However, I will say that when I stayed there almost two years ago, we thought it had a great left bank location, close to two metro stops (Odeon and St-Michel.)<BR>VEry pretty, pristine decor. Good, if pricey breakfast, choice of continental or full buffet. They sold the museum pass in the lobby.<BR>We had a &quot;superior twin&quot; room and found it and the bathroom to be large, comfortable, and with all amenities including bath products, hair dryer and robes. Others have said that the standard rooms are quite a bit smaller.<BR><BR>Rue Dauphine had a little traffic noise on weekday mornings (a few horns) but otherwise it is a small, charming street.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 05:14 AM
elaine

Sara<BR>I meant to add, I more often than not stay on the right bank myself, the d'Aubussson was only the third time I'd stayed on the left. I still prefer the right myself, I'd be curious to hear after your trip what you thought about right vs left.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 05:22 AM
topper

Sara,<BR>I topped a thread for you about the D'Aubusson. Do a search and you will find more than you want to know about Left Bank Hotels.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 05:33 AM
Surlok

II stayed at the Aubusson twice, and consider it being the best four stars in the left bank. There's nothing luxurious about it, but it's very classy and comfortable, nice beds, modern fixtures and a lot of sryle. Staff are helpful, and speak excellent English. Location is perfect, logistically speaking. Quite central, charming street, very close to the Seine and Pont Neuf.<BR><BR>There are many comments on the Aubusson here:<BR><BR>http://digital.france.com/hotels/hoteldetailsallcomments.ihtml?hotelid=453<BR><BR>R egards,<BR><BR>S

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Carolyn

I checked the website provided by Surlok for D'Aubusson. Hotel gets pretty good comments mostly. But the rates are really high! I would much rather opt for a less expensive hotel in St. Germain esp. since there are so many nice ones for half the price.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 06:37 AM
JOdy

Try the Millesime....owned by the same people as the D'Aubusson and they maintain the same standards. The superior room at 185 Euro is a very good soze and nice decorated.