Paris Gare de l'Est to CDG airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the easiest, quickest and most economical way to get from Paris Gare de l'Est station to CDG airport Terminal 2? It appears there is not a direct train from Metz to CDG airport. How do we make a connection ??
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 06:58 PM

You take the Metro Line 4 from Gare de L'Est to Gare du Nord then take the RER B to CDG.

Liz
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 09:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
If "quick" is not essential, you could take the 350 bus direct from Gare de l'Est to CDG.
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the information.
How long a ride is the 350 bus? Does the carte of 10 tickets I've seen mentioned somewhere -work for the metro, the bus and the RER B?
Since we are passing thru Paris, we were thinking of having dinner nearby. Any suggestions for a delightfully french cafe/bistro meal with a 35 euro budget per person and three suitcases in tow?
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM

Everything uses the same tickets. The 350 bus requires 3 tickets to go to the airport, I think.

The www.ratp.fr site will give you travel times for all itineraries, adjusted for the time of day and day of the week.
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 12:24 PM

There is a small Flo Brasserie right inside the Gare de l'Est. Otherwise, there are a variety of restaurants directly across from the station. Frankly, I think you might have a hard time running up a 35€ bill per person across from Gare de l'Est. However, if you manage to drag yourselves to Gare du Nord to take the RER B to CDG (500 meters to walk or one metro station on line 4), you can get a fantastic meal for that price at Terminus Nord just across the street from the station -- and they know all there is to know about travellers and how much time they have... or not.
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Kerouac! Our flight isn't til the next morning. We are taking the advice of other travelers - staying at the airport the night before. Terminus Nord sounds good. We may be weary but we really aren't in a rush to make connections. Since we couldn't get a direct train to the airport, we thought we'd take advantage of an afternoon train, have a "grand finale" dinner in Paris and then continue on to the airport. I was trying to make it it simple and easy for my middle aged companions. We could venture into the city center by taxi (with luggage in tow) and try... Petit Chaise ot Au Lyonnais (?)any of a number of places that seem to show up repeatedly on recommended restaurant lists. Then find transportation to the airport. I mentioned the budget, simply because I don't know the value of euros yet and am guessing we might have 35E left to splurge - if that is a splurge?!!? And I want to factor in transportation costs for our detour. Your insights and guidance are most appreciated.