Notices

Paris: February 11 to March 19

Jan 18th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Jan 18th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

This trip came up on rather short notice!

Have flights...not easy to get what you want. I hate all airlines!

Have cat reservations and car sitter (hybrids need to be driven or batteries go dead).

Don't know who might be in Paris during this time..never a bad time to be in Paris!

Will go and put my packing together..packing very light!

a bientot...

Joan
Jan 18th, 2013, 10:24 AM

Toulouse this time?
Jan 18th, 2013, 02:12 PM

We'll miss you again! Pack warm clothes---it's snowing there tonight. Just had an email from a friend with a picture of snowy rooftops.
Jan 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM

We will be there Joan. We are coming from Sicily March 12-17.
Jan 18th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

I knew I would miss Jim and Pat..not warm enough for you!! I did look at the weather today and it is chilly! I looked at some extended weather and about the 1st it gets much warmer. It will be fine.

Cathinjoetown..maybe not the best time to go to Toulouse??

Lisa - nice to hear you will be there when I am there. Going to try for Reed again? I just emailed Catgherine to tell her when I arrive. It will be a Monday and she is not open on Monday so thought myabe she would like to join me for the late lunch hours beginning at 2:30 at Cafe Constant. I arrive at 11:15 so that should work out well.

a bientot..Joan
Jan 18th, 2013, 04:41 PM

Hi! We will be in Paris during the beginning of your trip, leaving Paris on Feb. 28. I always enjoy following your threads and have followed so many of your restaurant recs. would love to meet you.
Jan 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM

Joan, what can you tell me about reservations at Reed? I just read several glowing reviews and would like to dine there when I'm in Paris in July. I'm wondering if I need to make a reservation far in advance or if I can reserve when I am there (we have two weeks).

I'm looking forward to reading your next trip report!

Debra
Jan 18th, 2013, 06:48 PM

Will miss you once again, as we are going very end of March or early April, for a month, and not spending time in Paris except at the very end of the trip. Sorry...
Jan 18th, 2013, 07:40 PM

Slave to new job....wish I could.
Jan 18th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Original Poster

Yestravel: Would be nice..lunch, or something?

Mellen: well, we do have Groundhog Day celebration in 2014..counting on you to be there!

Debra, here is Catherine's e-mail address: [email protected] She has been receiving a lot of nice reviews, and in July might be busy, so think it might be a good idea to send her an earlier e-mail..just to be sure.

Denise...yes a slave to new job!!

I am packed now. Only 1 small bag to check and my roller laptop that has room for toilet articles and other. I had put clothes out on bed and when it was full, just quit packing! Trip insurance, pick up euros, call cc companies and get cat prescription..made inter-shuttle reservation, and that is it!!

a bientot....

Joan
Jan 19th, 2013, 03:12 AM

Joan,

It will still be cold in Toulouse, temps this coming week are highs of 6 to 8, lows of 1 C. I wouldn't rush down if you'll be back in warmer weather, as I'm sure you will!

Wish I could get up there but we're in the process of buying some land adjacent to ours so conserving our cents or centîmes!

Have a wonderful stay!
Jan 19th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

Too bad you can't make a short trip to Paris. I see A/F has some that they call mini fares within France..you might check..

a bientot...

Joan
Jan 19th, 2013, 04:23 AM

Joan,

We are absolutely going to try Reed again. I will e-mail Catherine when the time gets closer. We are staying in the 15th and will eat at a neighborhood place, Pizza Flora, that night. I will try for Wednesday or Thursday maybe. We cannot wait. We had to cancel our trip last March so this is extra special for us. Have fun and I can't wait to read your reports. They keep me in Paris when I'm not there.

Lisa
Jan 19th, 2013, 05:00 AM

Joan - that would be great. I have an email address of yours from 2010 when you were helping me with some reservations. Is that still a good email?

@lrock - I wanted a reservation at Reed for my upcoming trip in Feb. I sent an email and didn't hear back from her for over two weeks. Since I hadn't heard back after a week or so, the person we are renting an apt from called the restaurant for me and got us a reservation.
Jan 19th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Pizza Flora looks cute!

My 2010 email address is probably good..is it charter?

Surprised that Catherine was so slow getting back to you. I will tell her!!

a bientot...

Joan
Jan 19th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Just had an email from Catherine Reed..I had told her that I was arriving on 2/11..she is closed on Monday so asked if she would like to meet me at Cafe Constant at 2:30..they begin their late lunch period then. My flight arrives at 11:15, so that should be great! Also told her to ask Catherine Constant to join us if she sees her. Need to drop her a note that I will be returning soon!

Things are jelling....

a bientot...

Joan
Jan 19th, 2013, 05:45 AM

I have your email address with yahoo.com. I will try to send you an email now.
Jan 19th, 2013, 06:40 AM

Does this mean you never went to Toulouse. Tried to get feedback on your last query, but never had an answer
Jan 19th, 2013, 07:27 AM

Hi Joan--All of Paris will be happy you're back.

And I'm not kidding!

Please enjoy yourself for us,

AZ

Search this Thread