Search

Paris clubs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris clubs

My DH and I are 31 and would like to go clubbing one night in Paris while we're there. I just bought a 2007 Time Out which looks pretty good, but would love to hear from any late 20's/early 30's on here that have personal suggestions for good places to be, including (if you know) the best nights to go to that particular place (meaning, if it's anything like the US, some clubs are best on Mondays, some on Sundays, etc.) I prefer NOT to go to places in sketchy neighborhoods when abroad, though, even if they are the place to be. Also, I assume I'll be fine in what I would wear here (probably dark designer jeans or black pants, with some kind of slinky designer top and heels, usu. strappy) but if I'm mistaken let me know. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 07:59 AM

<but would love to hear from any late 20's/early 30's on here that have personal suggestions for good places to be>

well i think the one Fodorite in that age group is now left for Lonely Planet's ThornTree forum where you would probably get lots of responses from such a question.

Time Out has a great reputation for this type of stuff too.

you may want to chose the club not only for type of music but for the club itself - some are palatial and in neat old buildings.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 08:02 AM

If you look "hot" at home in what you are planning to wear you'll probably look the same in Paris...after all hot is, well, hot!
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 11:58 AM

I found this on the web

http://www.10best.com/Paris/Nightlif...ubs/index.html It looks pretty good. When I was there in Feb. I walked past a club near St Germaine across from Hotel du College on a small side street at 11:00 AM Sunday and it sounded as if they were dancing and still drinking. Went back to the same hotel the next week and passed the club again on Sunday at 10:30 and they same noise people drinking and music. Enjoy. I will be there next week hoping to find a club as well.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 01:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
www.novaplanet.com will give you the hottest venues of the moment. The Batofar, moored just below the Bibliothèque François Mitterrand is often on the list. Click on "bons plans".

If you are feeling really adventurous, you'll go the the 20th arrondissement and discover the Flèche d'Or Café (www.flechedor.fr). It is a bar/club/restaurant set up in an abandoned train station, and I guarantee that you will not see many tourists there.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 07:01 AM

<It is a bar/club/restaurant set up in an abandoned train station>

Jack - i out of the clubbing age but would love to know about the abandoned train station - what was it called, etc. when was it abandoned, etc.

thanks - picques my train-buff interests.

I still remember actually arriving by train in the now gone Gare de Bastille, now site of the Opera Bastille.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for these suggestions everyone. Am printing out, and also printing the links... Can't wait. Leaving tomorrow.