Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Orgy7-Looking for clubs for the 30 something crowd

Aug 22nd, 2004, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

I've heard of the "Q"..what is this Bed Supper Club? Basically I'm looking for clubs that are for the 30+ crowd..do you know of any Jazz clubs?
Aug 22nd, 2004, 08:04 AM

not too be an ass, but you shoulde post too all of us, there are some kids out there that can help...

both are located on sukiunvit soi 11.. super bed is wicked futeristic while. Q bar has that tipicle red -black thing going on. both play techno and some hip hop on certain days. but both are pretentious. Q just drove me nuts cuz the forgot too make a proper floor plan and there is no where to dance without getting bumped into by folks trying too get too bar.

not sure what music your into.. there is ministry of sound. Mystique. speed, faith bar. meticque, lucifer etc. BKK is one of the major clubing towns in the world. dance hall hip hop is hitting big now..

for jazz/blues you have saxiphone right near vicory monument station.

a am a 30 year old guy. after clubbing last week I felt it for days...
Aug 22nd, 2004, 08:05 AM

Skapadz: The Bed Supper Club in Bangkok is famous (or infamous, however you choose to characterize it). It is as described: an upscale supper club where you lounge around on beds and have dinner-it's also a club, art gallery, theatre, hip techno kind of place. To check it out in full, go to its website: www.bedsupperclub.com
Aug 22nd, 2004, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Author: skapadz
Date: 08/21/2004, 02:42 pm
Message: What is acceptable to wear for a male in the hotel restaurants and clubs?
Author: orgy7
Date: 08/22/2004, 09:21 am

whats going on in here. Im usually the one that teases RHKNK and kathie.

you'll be serprised too here that I think wearing sandles is just grubby.. and I find it unsafe after all this is a urban jungle.

if ya go too khao san those of use wearing shoes are the freaks.

As I said many times. Way too many thais wear boxers as thier shorts so regular shorts are upscale atire.

If your clubing most places around silom 4 will let ya in with shorts and some decent shoe's but places like CM2 and Q bar wont. but you can rent some baggy pants from them for 300baht.

And as far as all thais in clubs wearing fab cloths.. PLEASE.. over a quarter of the girls in just about all the clubs are prostitutes and the labesl were fakes.. most clubs, even spasso and other ultra high end places have section where these girls mull around.

What I do is buy pants with zip off legs..

"skapadz what clubs ya into i live here and can help ya out. it seems like your a young guy."

Orgy7 don't be too hard on yourself, we all make mistakes!Thanks Spygirl
Aug 22nd, 2004, 04:39 PM

The Face Bar is also a nice club where older people hang out but no jazz. A great club with live music which is always packed - and with a large number of locals too - is Admakers on Soi Lung Suan - very reasonable too. Again no jazz but I am 30+ too and knew most of the music. Bed Supperclub is a dressed up experience - also, there is the restaurant part which is a fixed menu dinner, reservation only (and qute exp I'd note) and where you lounge on the "beds" and the club which is opposite.
Aug 22nd, 2004, 04:51 PM

hobbes-I take it you've checked out the Bed Supper Club, at least for dinner? What did you think of the whole experience? It sounds kind of interesting to me-I might want to go there, even at my advanced age!
Aug 22nd, 2004, 08:24 PM

SKAPDAZ....
"Orgy7 don't be too hard on yourself, we all make mistakes!"....

what are ya taling about brotha.. trust I don't mind being proved wrong or making mistakes as long as I learn from them. but not sure what your refering too. and one other thing I tend too talk/write in a howard stern self deprecating manner, jokingly..
Aug 22nd, 2004, 09:42 PM

Bed gets people of all ages Spygirl. Actually I really enjoyed it and whole heartedly reco it. be aware tho it is not cheap (think 1000 per head last visit, may hhave gone up)> Def reserve in advance as seating is ltd. Also indicate any special food requests e.g. my husband is vegetarian and I eat seafood but not fish so we told them when we booked. If possible when booking ask for a table downstairs on the ground level. Best not to wear a short skirt as you are actually lying on a bed and can be awkward!