Paris Cabarets, Lido, Moulin Rouge

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure that this is a question that has been asked in the past. We are making a family trip this summer to Paris. With the popularity of the Moulin Rouge movie we were thinking of taking my two teenaged boys to one of these cabaret shows. I remember reading that it's really a pretty tame show of mostly ladies breasts. I think that my sons can handle that. Any idea if the show might be something two teen boys could sit through and enjoy? If not my husband and I will go it alone. I thought it might be a fun night out for all of us. Any reviews on the productions would be appreciated. Thank you, Ellie
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 09:21 AM
ira

Hi

It's up to you to decide what your sons should see.

I wouldn't bother, but I suggest that if you do go, don't get the dinner.
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 09:26 AM

Those are vaudeville/variety type shows with T&A, just like Vegas, only maybe not as slick productions. They aren't anything like the movie, so don't use that for a reason.

I don't know about your sons, do you think teenaged boys usually like looking at women's bare breasts?
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 10:48 AM

And how would they feel looking at them in the company of their parents? Some might be ok with it; others, not. You know your sons.
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. Christina, I was thinking that with so many breasts showing they might get bored after an hour of them. I know that the show would be nothing like the movie, but it was a reference for my kids. Is the dinner that awful?
Ellie
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 11:19 AM

Ellie, the general consensus is that because these shows (Crazy Horse, Lido, Moulin R.) are real touristy places, the charge for dinner far outweighs the quality of the food. The same thing is apparently true for the Seine boat cruises (YES, do the cruise, it's great but <i>without</i> dinner).

As I've said before, I never had any interest in going to one of these shows but I was in Paris with someone who wanted to go so we did. I was surprised I enjoyed it! I <i>think</i> we went to the Lido but honestly don't remember. There are a few other posts about which one to go to. If you type one of the names in the text search you'll find previous threads.

Only you &amp; your sons can determine whether it's a good idea.