Reload this Page >

Paris Bistros - Moissonier, Reminet, Fontaines, du Beaujolais

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Paula

I have noticed these Paris 5th bistros mentioned in a few guide books but have not seen much reference to them on this board:<BR><BR>Moissonier<BR>Le Reminet<BR>Les Fontaines<BR>La Rotisserie du Beaujolais<BR><BR>Would anyone have recent experience dining at any of these restaurants? Any info that you could share in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Maribel

Paula,<BR>We had dinner in April at Le Reminet after being intrigued by the nice recommendation in the Bistros of Paris book, and we enjoyed our experience. The room is small, dark and narrow, close seating but not uncomfortable, (there's another room for private parties) decorated with mirrors and crystal chandeliers-on the romantic side. The friendly chef, from Normandy, comes out to take your order (speaks good English) and to explain the market driven menu. <BR><BR>We both ordered from the 3 course 24 euro "menu". I had a shrimp and langostine bisque, delicious roast cod and a papillote de bananes for dessert. My husband had lentils with foie gras, veal liver with chorizo on a bed of red onions and pistachio ice cream with chocolate sauce. They serve Illycafe express, and we had a bottle of Chateau Les Moines '95 Medoc which the chef selected for us. (I'm copying from my notes!) I think dinner ran a bit over $70. <BR>There was a nice mix that night of visitors and locals, and towards the end of the 2 hr. meal (at 11), the atmosphere turned even more convivial when the chef cranked up the jazz on the stereo. We had a great evening and would definitely return.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Nikki

I had dinner at Le Reminet in March and enjoyed it very much. It is very near the Seine. We were seated in the basement, which is an ancient vaulted stone room. I kept thinking there'd better not be a fire.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Paula

Maribel and Nikki, thank-you both so much for your response. You've been great help!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 04:44 AM
Paula

Would anyone have comments on any of the other bistros listed?