Reload this Page >

Paris - Best Nightclub for Dancing

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 03:19 PM
greg gallagher

I have stayed mainly on the Left Bank when visiting Paris, but this time was going to go wild. Is the area around Montmartre the best area for club hopping? Or can anyone give me some suggestions. Please include any nearby Hotels of 3-4 star caliber. Merci!

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:01 PM
tt

tt

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Jennifer

Well, I don't know about club "hopping," but one of my favorite dance clubs is Le Queen on the Champs-&Eacute;lys&eacute;es. It's fantastic! But you have to be careful what night you go, because it's generally a gay club, so forget Friday and Saturday. But during the week, there's a great mix and more to do and see there than you can imagine so I doubt you'll feel the need to go elsewhere.....<BR><BR>Jennifer

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:43 PM
John G

Queen is one of the WORST dance clubs I have ever been to. They have a ridiculous entrance fee, you have to buy a bottle of Champagne to sit down, and their bartenders look like they were just released from prison (and they don't know how to make a drink). <BR> <BR>And I thought the gay clubs in Philly were pretentious.<BR><BR>If you are gay and looking to get picked up, it is propitious, however. My boyfriend, Keith, and I were both propositioned everything from a menage to a hot tub orgy.<BR><BR>If you are into men in soccer jerseys and trainers with white socks, this may be the place for you, fella.

Old May 8th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Jennifer

John,<BR><BR>How many times have you been to Queen? I paid ~ $6.00US to get in. If you are gay and got propositioned a lot, I'm guessing you were there on a weekend evening. I've never been there then, but I've been there no less than eight times during the week. From what I've heard, it's *completely* different when the heterosexual crowd is there.<BR><BR>Definitely no Nikes when I was there (last time a few weeks ago)! It was black, black, black. <BR><BR>I have a feeling that this club is like any other in that each night could be a totally different experience.<BR><BR>As a heterosexual female, I loved it! It was probably 40% women and 60% on most nights I've been there.<BR><BR>Jennifer

Old May 9th, 2002, 04:20 AM
tt

topping<BR><BR>any other experiences out there???

Old May 9th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Greg Gallagher

Yes please. No quarreling. I am trying to help my brother out who is more of a party hound then me and he wants to do the "Cool" club circuit. I was thinking around Montmartre. Is that a safe assumption?

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:18 AM
xx

you must be new here if you think that is a quarrel!!!!!!! be glad anyone answered.

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:55 AM
ken

I'm a straight guy, but I've been to Queen and it ROCKS!! Monmontre is for teenyboppers, I think, so if your under 20, its probably good. Queen is mostly 20s I think. if your looking for 3-4 star hotels, i doubt you'd want Monmontre.