Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, or London

Jan 14th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Original Poster

Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, or London

I am debating where to go for the next trip in July 2011. I have recently been to Paris and London and would love to get back to both cities. I was in Amsterdam in 1994, a long time ago. I have never been to Berlin. I will be traveling with a 4.5 year old and my husband, who has been to all of these cities. I am debating between places where I would feel more comfortable due to more recent travel experiences and new places like Amsterdam and Berlin. Any advice?
Jan 15th, 2011, 02:25 AM

my vote is Berlin. Especially since you have technically been to the other three. + It's easy to do London+Paris in another trip.
Jan 15th, 2011, 03:58 AM

Berlin has some nice areas but for me

more blocky and euroindustrial post WW2 construction for me.

Paris is prettiest for me Amsterdam #2 of yours...

www.venice-tourism.com Florence Rome best prettiest for me

might try one or more of those if you have not been...

Happy Deciding,
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:22 AM

With a four and a half year old maybe Amsterdam is the most manageable to visit. Nowhere is far from anywhere, so you can get back to your hotel to give you child a break if you need to. There is good public transport, parks and a zoo for the little one too.

Otherwise my vote goes to Berlin - also a superb zoo for your child and plenty for you.
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:20 AM

"Florence Rome best prettiest for me"

not in JulY! Rome can be hot as hell.

Amsterdam is lovely and easy to get around.
Berlin is a big city but there are areas on can stay in without moving around too much.
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your advice. I specifically excluded Italy because it will be hot in July. Paris and London may get muggy too, but I am willing to roll the dice. Amsterdam seems like a good option, I will do some more research.
Jan 16th, 2011, 01:04 PM

I have been to Paris, London and Berlin - all several times - and my hands down favorite is Berlin. Not only is it a great value but it has an excellent public transport system and a very eclectic vibe. I am recently back from my 4th visit there and planning another.

Easy day trips as well if you wanted to explore.

I can't comment on things to do with kids since I don't have any but Berlin is just a great city and is at the top of my list for favorites in Europe.