Paris apartments with air conditioning

Feb 9th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

Paris apartments with air conditioning

We are going to Paris in July

We would like to rent an apartment but most of the ones I have come across do not have air conditioning

Does anyone know of any with air conditioning and sleeps 4?
Feb 9th, 2005, 01:23 PM

Budget? Arrondisements you're considering?

There are about a million Paris apartment threads on fodors, so you may want to do a search. Okay, maybe not a million.
Feb 9th, 2005, 01:26 PM

whoops. I mean arrondissements.

my offensive spelling never ever fails.
Feb 9th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Budget: not more then $300 per night
areas: the main ones, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8
Feb 9th, 2005, 02:02 PM

We are staying in one of Pascal's apartments at www.rentalfrance.com. Many of these, including ours, are air-conditioned, and they are well within your price range. Many on these boards have spoken highly of his apartments.
Feb 9th, 2005, 02:12 PM

Am I missing something? Is there no indication of price for any of the apartments on rentparis.com? It seems so awkward and unusual to have to inquire about each apartment via email if you have a budget in mind.
Feb 9th, 2005, 03:36 PM

Do you mean rentalfrance.com? Yeah, that is a real odd website in that it doesn't list prices. I don't get it, you'd think the owner would want to weed out questions for people that aren't at all interested when finding out the price.

I think there are about 5 on there that are AC, not most of them, though. I've only seen a couple posts on here about them, a few people liked them, I remember one person felt cheated by the description but that's really something you have to get savvy about (ie, a "loft" in a Paris apt. is not a room without walls, it's usually a piece of plywood over a bed). Anyway, he does have a couple that sleep four, but you know that is going to not be four beds, but a bed and sofa bed usually, in a very small space. He has a 2 BR with AC on rue des Chartreux that sleeps four and had four beds but I don't even understand how that is possible -- it claims to be a 2 BR apt but only 560 square feet. My niece has a studio apt that is 550 SF and it's not that huge (one L-shaped room plus very small kitchen and a large walk-in closet); I can't imagine a 2BR apt in 560 sq ft. I'd ask for a floor layout with sizing for that one if I were interested.

It is true that is a difficult order as most Parisian apts don't have AC. It is asked, so try a search on: paris apartment "air conditioning" or something and you'll find a couple mentions. I thought www.parisperfect.com had one with AC but don't see it mentioned on their web site; someone on another thread claimed to have AC in one of their units due to asthma, but it could have been a temporary mobile unit they removed, I suppose. You could ask them as they have a few smaller ones for around $300 a night.

Good luck, I searched a Parisian ST apt. rental website by owners and they only came with twothat had AC--one a very small studio, and one a large apt. in a modern building out in the suburbs near CDG. I know some luxury rentals with AC but not at that price range, more like $400 a day.
Feb 9th, 2005, 03:49 PM

ga9497,

I think Christina's right, but maybe someone on this board knows of something.

I asked about your budget because I once stayed in a pretty swank apartment in Paris, and I know that some (not all) of the apartments handled by this particular agency have A/C. Very nice apartments but also expensive.

Good luck.
Feb 9th, 2005, 03:51 PM

Is rent paris.com the one that Pascal runs?
He would always email me the prices and I got them the day after asking. So he is sort of quick but I appreciate seeing the prices on the site.
We chose ParisPerfect .. ga9497
I think it says on the description of each apt, if they have a/c.
If not, email them, they will answer immediately.
Feb 9th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Leely
I would still like to know where you rented from maybe we will splurge

Scarlett
Paris perfect doesn't have air. I emailed them and asked
Feb 9th, 2005, 04:02 PM

ga,
Here's the link--sometimes it doesn't work for me and I have to get in via a google search.
The company is Guest Apartment Services Paris.

http://www.guestapartment.fr/

While we had a great time in our apartment, I should stress I was not paying for it and I'm normally the type to spend whatever $$ I have on food (and wine!)--not accommodations. It was a family trip and I learned long ago that a nice place makes a world of difference to my mother.

I think you can probably (hopefully) find something more reasonable. But for a splurge--wow, one of their apartments has a pool.
Feb 9th, 2005, 04:04 PM

Oh too bad.
Good luck~
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:04 PM

A site that doesn't post prices probably has multiple rates depending on the time of year (more than in-season and off-season) which differ from one apartment to the next. Such a site may also be able to provide last-minute deals.
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:11 PM

I also recognized a number of the apartments on the rentalfrance site from various other sites. It might be nice to compare prices, but maybe they don't want you to do that -- another reason for not posting them on the site.
Feb 14th, 2005, 04:33 AM

Have you looked at the site for Lodgis Paris yet. They are at: http://www.apartment-paris.com/en/
This agency has more apartments than other sites I have seen and I like their website -- prices, maps, photos, etc.
Feb 14th, 2005, 05:03 AM

nicki, I just looked at that site, or at least the first 15 pages of apartments. Wow. You're right; it's huge. I like their symbols showing their amenties, but I so far haven't even seen a single symbol for air conditioning. Since this thread is asking about air conditioning, is there a way to find out if ANY of their apartments have it, or do we assume that none do, or do we just have to keep looking one by one to try to find a symbol for it?
Feb 14th, 2005, 05:08 AM

The chances that you'll need air-conditioning in Paris are very low. But the fact is that it can make your trip much more enjoyable if it does get hot and muggy. Renting a place with out AC is a good risk -- Paris is not New Orleans or Atlanta. The climate is very moderate.
Feb 14th, 2005, 02:21 PM

I've viewed that lodgis.com web site a lot, also. I think they are basically a site for owners to advertise, but French specifically. I don't think it's a typical agency. You have to be careful as monthly rates do not include a large commission to the web site, but I think weekly do.

Luckily, there is a way to get very specific listings by all kinds of criteria, including AC. On the first page, at the left side just after you can check off the arrondisement and your dates -- just underneath you can click on something like "other criteria to add".. then you can add limits on amenties, size, rooms, just about anything.

I just asked for AC studios and one-bedrooms in about five left bank arrondisements for July (no other limits on anything), and it returned with ONE listing, a one bedroom with one month minimum rental. The symbol for air is a few wiggly lines, but you won't see it often, that's for sure.
Feb 15th, 2005, 04:14 AM

You won't see AC in many Paris apartments because it really is not necessary most years. The hot muggy day is rare. Better to bring an extra jacket or sweater to Paris than to worry too much about hot weather.
Feb 15th, 2005, 05:05 AM

It may not be "necessary" to those who live there 12 months a year, as they simply "put up" with a week of miserable hot and muggy weather once or twice a summer.
But for those who live at home in air-conditioned homes and offices, it IS necessary (or you may be miserable without it) when you visit for that one hot week in the middle of summer. And that old idea of just open the windows doesn't cut it when it is muggy and noisy outside.
I have been to Paris about a dozen times, always between June and early October. I can't remember a single time there I didn't use the air condtioning.
Sure I could SURVIVE without it, but I'm on vacation, who wants to be miserable?

Search this Thread