Paris Apartment / Studio accommodation

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 08:29 PM
Launa

Paris Apartment / Studio accommodation

My husband and I would like to spend approx. four weeks in Paris in September/October. We have stayed in a lovely 2 star hotel in the Champ de Mars area but are looking for an "economical" apartment this time. We really enjoyed the Rue Cler area but are open to any suggestions. If you have any recommendations, could you please say whether you are talking American dollars or Australian. There is a huge difference unfortunately!! We like being near cafes, restaurants, markets, etc.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:21 AM
Wendy

I have used www.locaflat.com for renting an apartment in Paris... they have many apt.s in different arrondissements, with photos and location.

Bonne Chance!
Wendy

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:40 AM
Book Chick

Hi,
You may want to try www.vacationspot.com

They have several properties in Paris from which to choose.

Bon Voyage,
BC

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 10:23 AM
cindy

Try rentparis.com THey have apts. in the marais, beaubourg area.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Christina

Most apartment agencies have a variety of apartments with varying prices, so I couldn't quote any prices, but I think Locaflat and PSR (www.yourhomeinparis.com) are some of the more reasonable ST rental agencies, or private owners if you want to go through that. I think that's what Vacationspot has. Rental apartments usually aren't very cheap in Paris, so if you have stringent requirements, maybe you should state them (eg, if you want to spend less than 700F/day). For example, even PSR or Locaflat seem to charge about US$80-100/day for a studio in the outer, less popular areas.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Nancy

I rented a studio apartment for the month of May from RentParis.com. It was located one block over from rue Cler and a perfect location (as you know). The managers were very responsive and I had a great experience. The cost was $1650 US for the month. Other friends rented from them in the Marais. Any questions, e-mail me. Nancy

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 04:57 PM
Rich

Stumbled on this while surfin Paris apartment sites . . know nothing about it but it looks interesting . . right above the Champ de Mars Brasserie.

http://www.vparis7.com/apts.html

Rich

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Peg

If you are on a tight budget, check out www.aparisianhome.com They have some very economical choices in good locations. BTW, I stayed at the apt that Rich mentioned above, last October. If you'd like details, send me an e-mail Peg

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:33 PM
Launa

Many thanks to you all for your info. As soon as I can deal with the mundane side of my life (work!) I'll go surfing!!

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 05:53 PM
el

Hi Launa:
I spent two weeks in a apartment on ile st. louis a couple of years ago very reasonably which was situated between the left and right bank.
The rental was Barclay International out of NY. barclayweb.com
Have fun Ellen