Search

Paris Apartment Rental

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2005, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Apartment Rental

Hello,

We're planning a trip to Paris in May and are leaning towards a 1 week apartment rental.

There are many, many agencies and owners to choose from - too many - and I was hoping I could get some recommendations of specific agencies or web sites with whom you've had excellent first-hand experience.

I've been to Paris several times before, none within the last ten years, and have stayed in everything from a small hotel on the Rue Jacob, to the Intercontinental, to an apartment on Ile St. Louis. This time around, I believe we'd like something a little more "residential", close enough to get to the major areas by foot, but off the beaten path, so to speak.

I know this is all a bit vague right now, but we've just started looking at it. Any help or guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Old Jan 21st, 2005, 08:11 AM

I've used this company in 2001 on my last trip to Paris. http://www.nyhabitat.com/index.html

They seem to have apartments all over the city. Good luck!
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 08:41 AM

Moonstone, It is mind-boggling, isn't it!! You might take a look at this thread, there are lots of possibilities mentioned:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34548573

Good luck with your search!
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 03:37 PM

Check out www.beau-paris.com We rented a very nice 2 bdrm apartment(rue Borommee)600 euros last Sept from Phillipe who spoke perfect English. 15th arrondissement-residential-close to metro and bus. Loved apt. and location.
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the quick replies! Even more to read and research... there are certainly a lot of choices.

After spending a little more time staring at the map, I'm inclined to restrict our search to the 15th and 16th, as it seems those would be the areas most likely to have what we're looking for.

Any opinions on those areas? Again, we're looking for less concrete and more neighborhood charm, smaller instead of bigger, close to some nice stores for buying groceries, etc. We're avid walkers so being a little further from the Metro isn't a concern.

TIA!

Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:37 AM

We stayed at this apartment last week and had a good experience--http://www.apartaparis.com/16_gula13/gula13.html. I've also had a lot of luck with vrbo.com.