Reload this Page >

Paris and Prague Hotels..HELP!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 06:04 PM
tobi

Hi all! Before anyone tells me to do a search, I already have. <BR>I would just like to have some honest feedback from travelers. My husband and I are going to have 4 days in Prague and 8 days in Paris and would like to get suggestions on Hotels that you've been to. I've already been to the sites. hotelbvld.com and paris.com I'm looking for real suggestions for a great hotel in a great location I don't even know what area of the city to look. <BR>Thanks in Advance for you help! <BR>Tobi

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 06:20 PM
arjay

Well, as your first respond, I won't scold you to do a search, but will just say that two years ago we had very positive experiences at two well-located hotels: Grand Hotel des Balcons (then about 80 some American dollars) and another stay at the Hotel Residence St. Christophe (about $110 a nite). Up against "great" hotels, these might not measure up (not sure just what your standards are), but for reasonably priced, well-located, nicely done, clean and comfortable hotels, both were places we would go again. Hope this is ome help.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 07:02 PM
steve

I'm not sure exactly what type of hotel you are looking for, but having been to both Paris and Prague in the last 12 months I can tell you about hotels we found pleasant. <BR>In Prague we stayed at U Zlaty Stromu which is well located in the old town area. Our room was simply, but nicely furnished and the bathroom was quite modern. A full breakfast was included in the room rate. The only negative I found w/the hotel is there is a disco on the lower level and sometimes the noise would drift up-ask for a room away from the disco. The hotel is right by the Charles Bridge so it was an easy walk to many interesting sights. Our room was about 89USD. <BR>We stayed at the Hotel des Jardins du Luxembourg in Paris which is in the 5th arrondisment. Our room was small but beautifully furnished and the bathroom was very modern. Breakfast was not included but they have a small dining room where you can get a continental breakfast for about 7USD. Our room was about 125USD. The staff was very nice and always helpful with directions etc.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 07:13 PM
Caitlin

I would also recmmend the Jardins du Luxembourg, having stayed there in April. The location is handy and also two blocks from the Jardins; ATM around the corner, taxi stand and RER stop a few blocks away. It is on a cul-de-sac and is utterly quiet at night. As stated above, decor is very nice and charming; staff is helpful and speaks English; faxes returned promptly. There are totally accurate photos at www.pariserve.com and www.hotelsinparis.com. At the present exchange, it should be under $120/night. There are only 27 rooms, so book early.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 09:49 PM
Betty Ann

I can recommend the Hotel Grand Bohemia in Prague. Very nice room and bathroom. Very good restaurant. Front desk staff very helpful. If you need a taxi, have them call for you. Hotel is in a great location near the Powder Tower. We walked everywhere, took a taxi only to the train station. We were in Prague a couple of years ago and the room was about $200 US. Hotel Pariz is across the street from Grand Bohemia. We didn't see a room but the lobby and restaurant were very nice and their prices are lower. If you want phone #'s, e-mail me before Sept 4th (leaving for Scotland) and I'll look them up.

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 04:46 PM
tobi

Thanks for your help. <BR>Any ideas on some great "places we don't want to miss.." <BR>I understand there is a international monetary fund (like an expo)in Prague does anyone know anything about this?

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 10:33 PM
Zvi Schnabel

(Born in the Czech Republic) <BR>We always stay in the Ambassador, it is the famous old Zlata Husa. On Vaclavske namesti, the very center of Prague. Walking distance to almost all important places in the Old and New city. Good rooms, Price about 160 Dollar.

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 03:34 AM
nerves

you said you already did a search, yet you are asking questions that are answered in about 600 previous posts and they are all first hand. Try opening a guide book, if in fact you didn't found an answer to your questions on your search.

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 04:23 AM
topper

Old Sep 2nd, 2000, 04:40 AM
cova

Tobi, I wouldn´t say that the IMF meeting is like an expo... Anyway, it is scheduled for the last week in <BR>September, I read someplace that they are expecting around 18000 visitants, between foreign government members, bank people and journalists. <BR>The hotels are pretty full (I have checked it) and also the apartments. <BR>Good luck with your search.