Reload this Page >

Paris/Air-conditioning

Search

Paris/Air-conditioning

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:07 AM
Luis Hippolito

Paris/Air-conditioning

How hot/humid does it get in Paris in late June? I see many of the smaller discount hotels don't have air-conditioning? I want to be comfortable since I'll be with my elderly parents, so maybe I'll just have to pay more for this "luxury." Thank you.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:11 AM
Rex

There is hardly a place in the northern hemisphere, south of the arctic circle that isn't capable of temperatures in the high 80's or even 90's (degree Fahrenheit). To me, that's air conditioning weather. Or beach weather. And Paris is definitely not at the beach.<BR><BR>I think that you have already answered your own question.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:25 AM
Linda

The Hotel Turenne on ave Tourville is a two star hotel with AC. Their rates are very reasonable. It's near the Champs du Mars and the Eiffel Tower. You might check there. We have reservations to stay there in September. A friend stayed there in the past and recommended it to us.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:17 PM
up

mercury rising<BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Mindy

Is there a website or internet reservation service for this particualr hotel?<BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Peter

For Hotel de Turenne, try http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75007turenneengl2.html<BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Fred

If anyone tells you what the weather in Paris will be at any particular time, don't believe them. They don't know, I don't know, you won't know until you get there. Paris is so changeable and unpredictable nobody really knows. In June it could be sunny, hot, mild, cold, cloudy, nasty, windy, rainy. People have been cold in July and warm in October. That being said, if you're concerned about that and it's really important, get a hotel with A/C. There are 2 star hotels with A/C. For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Joyce1

A few years ago I visited Paris the last week of May. Paris was undergoing a heat wave: It was extremely hot, even at night. My hotel did not have a/c, and the windows opened onto a very noisy street. My choices were to suffocate or stay awake due to the noise. A few days later the weather cooled considerably: people went from wearing shorts to wearing winter coats.<BR><BR>To be on the safe side, I advise anyone visiting Paris in May-Sept. to get a hotel with a/c. <BR><BR>If traveling spring or autumn, expect unpredictable weather, and pack accordingly.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:21 AM
BTilke

You could be ok or you could be stuck with a real heat wave. It's very warm today in Brussels, for example, and almost warm enough to wish we had AC (which we don't, like 90% of Europeans). If you don't have a room with AC, ask for one that gets afternoon shade. If it's well ventilated, it should be cool enough even without AC for all but the absolute hottest, muggiest days. A room that gets afternoon sun will feel much hotter, especially with those long June days.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 02:29 PM
up

up under the rafters can be the most unbearable rooms to have when it gets too hot.<BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Luis Hippolito

Wow!! Much thanks for the terrific and sage advice. Anyone had experience with the Hotel Palais Bourbon on left bank? Is the hotel staff helpful? I know the general area where it's at near the Eiffel Tower and Parliament, but are there any special cafes or restaurants or other neighborhood advice, shopping tips etc. Thank you.