Paris, 7e: good area?

Mar 26th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Jennifer

Paris, 7e: good area?

Hi, I just found this forum after booking an apartment on Avenue Tourville in the 7e arrond of Paris. I wanted to know if anyone else has ever been in this area and could tell me if I made a good choice. If anyone has been there do you have any good suggestions for neaby cafes, restaurants etc? Thanks!!
Jen

Mar 26th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Jack

All of Paris is wonderful, an safe and interesting. Just go and enjoy. Do not overplan . That is anal and will ruin your trip. Have fun!

Mar 26th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Alice

We stayed at Hotel de Turenne at 20 avenue de Tourville, and were quite content there. We're 48-53, so not into clubbing - just like to get a little stroll in after dinner. The immediate area is pretty well shut down for the day, but I think there are more shops at rue St. Dominique and toward river. It is nice to go walk around the Eiffel Tower, by a few sidewalk cafes, for fresh air, then turn in. (boring to many, but hey that's us). The area feels safe and not too noisy at night with traffic. Metro Ecole Militaire very convenient. We eat at different places around Paris, but can recommend the nearby Brasserie Ecole Militaire as being reasonably priced, somewhat informal, good food, friendly service. It's on ave de Tourville, at corner facing Ecole Militaire. In same block or two, there is a bank branch with ATM, a small grocer, and a laundromat. You'll enjoy...

Mar 26th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Alice

and, good heavens, forgot to mention your street is maybe 2 streets over from rue Cler. Do a search on this forum for rue Cler and you will hit the motherlode!

Mar 26th, 2002, 07:15 PM
elvira

Lovely neighborhood! Near des Invalides and the Champs de Mars; lots of good restaurants and cafes so you'll have a good time discovering YOUR favorites.

Mar 26th, 2002, 09:54 PM
Robin

You're in a central location, with easy access to all sorts of places-- it should be great.

Mar 27th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Nancy

I stayed last year for the month of May in the 7th a block over from rue Cler. I loved the area and felt very safe. My favorite restaurant (and very reasonably priced) was Cafe du Marche on rue Cler. Great people watching. I walked all over the 7th, sat in Champs du Mar, caught the Ecole Militaire metro every day, convenient to all of Paris.

Mar 27th, 2002, 06:15 PM
s.fowler

The 7e is our "neighborhood of choice" -- we've stayed in the 5th and the 6th, but enjoy the Invalides/Rue Cler/Eiffel Tower area a lot. We are headed back to Hotel La Motte Picquet in June for a week and I can't wait!!!!

Apr 1st, 2002, 06:58 PM
Jen

Thank you for all of your help! I'm so glad I found this website...I felt like I was taking stabs in the dark when choosing an apartment location. But I feel like I chose a good area.
Thank you!!