Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris 3 days March, with kids 13&15 - hotel suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2000, 01:07 AM
jm

We have 3 days in mid-March with our kids. Looking for clean, comfortable, hopefully interesting accomodation with private bath at a reasonable price ($150-175 or so). Something in an interesting/charming area near the metro. Any recommendations? <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 20th, 2000, 06:31 AM
gary

Rent an apt! try chez-vous, has a wbe site. Might be more than you want to pay but well worth it & you can keep food in <BR>the frig. Most hotel rooms are really small & even great kids that age can make you crazy in a 12 by 12 room. <BR>Paris-sleeps also good site.

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 11:46 AM
elaine

here are a few suggestions, but there are many more. <BR>If you'd like to see my Paris file, including more hotel websites, email me. <BR>Also check www.paris.org and www.hotelboulevard.com, and of course do a search on this forum for Paris hotel. <BR> <BR>Hotel le Regent,Palais Bourbon, <BR>Brighton,Dauphine St Germain

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 01:17 PM
Christina

I think you'd better specify how many children you are talking about, as once you get beyond one child, it gets more difficult as many hotels do not have quads, let alone suites beyond that; in any case, the options are limited with a lot of people, so you need to say. It really affects the price, also. Are you quoting US$150 or CAD$150? if the latter, your options are much more limited. Also, how old are your kids, teens, babies, what? That also makes a difference.

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 07:07 PM
jm

Thanks for the replies - Elaine - I've sent an e-mail requesting your notes (different return e-mail address than this one). <BR> <BR>Christina - my header mentions 2 kids - 13 & 15 (daughter and son). Although we're from Toronto, the price range I've mentioned is in US, as that's the currency most people use as their benchmark on this site, and the most realistic choice for travel budgets.