Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris 3 bedroom apartment recommendations?

Nov 6th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Next year's traditional graduation trip to Paris will be complicated by the fact that there are two nieces graduating, and they are pretty much oil and water in temperament and interests. Would really like for each of them to have their own bedroom so would need a three bedroom apartment. With four of us also would like two bathrooms. And of course want to spend as little as possible, though do appreciate that value involves more than price. Location is flexible as long as public transport options are nearby and have good connections around town. Hoping fellow Fodorites can recommend some places that may work in this situation.
Nov 6th, 2010, 01:21 PM

Hi Seamus, have you given a look at

www.vacationinparis.com

www.vrbo.com

Looks like there are a few options but probably costly. Sorry I can't offer any specifics but wanted to give you a push.

Enjoy your trip,
Susan
Nov 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
cw

This might be more than you want or need but we (3 couples) stayed in the 3-bedroom Palais Royal apartment run by www.parisvacationapartments.com. Three bedrooms with their own bathrooms and another half-bath off of the front hallway. I think they have two other 3-bedroom apartments now as well.

Excellent location, convenient to most sights and the metro was just down the street. There was also a Monoprix nearby.
Nov 6th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Suspaul, I have indeed looked at both those sites, several others as well. 3/2 apartments in Paris are not common - at least not at other than very high end rates that I'd rather avoid - and I am hoping to benefit from the experience of other Fodorites.
BTW before someone asks about a specific price range, I would really like to keep it less than 2K euro per week if possible.
Nov 6th, 2010, 02:06 PM

Seamus,
This is a beautiful 2 bed/2 bath flat that lives like a 3 bed, as it has a study with sofa bed. Five adults were very comfortable there. Owners were delightful to deal with. Highly recommended, although it may not meet your budget needs. Good luck, EJ

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p143450
Nov 6th, 2010, 02:10 PM

Hi Seumus,
I ewrote awhile back with a similar enquiry and, by way of thanking all the great Fodorites who took the time to offer ideas, it is now near the top of the activity page. Check that thread for some great ideas.
2000 euro /week might be a bit difficult, but i "hear" you.There are 5,000 euro (and more) /week availalable. It's more of a challenge finding a decent and affordable (for the likes of my budget) place!!
Nov 6th, 2010, 02:22 PM

this is the thread CaliNurse referenced:

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...amily-of-7.cfm
Nov 6th, 2010, 02:25 PM

Thanks, Janis. Specificity helps!!
Nov 6th, 2010, 04:21 PM
cw

I was coming back to the thread to suggest the same apartment that elsiejune suggested above. I have it on my list from a trip report from AnselmAdorne a few years ago. I agree that the study with the sleeper couch is a good extra bedroom alternative.
Nov 6th, 2010, 04:29 PM

I am trying to remember a three-bedroom apartment in the 11th near Bastille that I have seen mentioned favorably here. Cannot find it but will keep looking.

Meanwhile:

http://www.vrbo.com/47170 (This may be the one I'm thinking of but I'm not sure...)

http://www.vrbo.com/143981
Nov 6th, 2010, 04:34 PM

Oh, I think this is the one I was thinking of:
http://www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_52.htm
Nov 6th, 2010, 07:14 PM

Thank you, Leely!!
Nov 7th, 2010, 10:18 AM

Note that the two apartments I listed in the 11th are closer to Republique than Bastille (would not matter to me because I like Republique but I know many people prefer to be closer to the river).
Nov 7th, 2010, 12:36 PM

I may be wrong, but I believe www.rentparis.com has apartments that can be combined or perhaps are in the same building. It may be worth e-mailing them to see if they have an option.