Reload this Page >

Pantheon View B& B & Hotel Del Senato

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Karen

This is my second time to ask for advice about this B&B. I can't find my other post. Do I need a place with air conditioning in Italy in June. Is the Rotunda area too noisy. Any suggestions for a better area close to Piazza Navonna? Anyone heard of this B&B or of the Hotel Albergo Del Senato? Thanks

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 11:36 AM
elaine

Karen <BR>There were many previous postings on the del Senato--if you do a search here on it you can read them all. <BR>I brought three of them to the top for you--just scroll down a bit.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Karen

You will be much more comfortable with air conditioning in Rome in June. Some nights will be cool enough to sleep without it, but it will be very noisy in the neighborhood around the Pantheon, too noisy for open windows.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 12:30 PM
nancy

Elaine is correct. <BR>for more posts, <BR>type in del Senato in the Text Search box at top of forum page, and wait while it loads. <BR>We stayed there, I have posted on it. <BR>The piazza is noisy, like Karen said, but not too noisy that I could not fall asleep with windows open <BR>Our room was right on the piazza. <BR>The back rooms are quieter. <BR>(I HATE A/C) <BR> <BR>but, I must admit, I did wake up both nights around 3am, when the sanitation workers come through to clean the piazza. <BR>But, to me it was a small price to pay for the view! <BR>I think a good many of the popular tourist piazzas will be noisy. <BR>Both Karen and I rented the same apt between the P. Farnese, and the Campo de' Fiori, and that was very noisy , in comparison.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 12:53 PM
cindy

what did happen to that post? this one is not coming up on the italy board! Oh well, hopefully you got some info on the Hotel del senato - i see responses -Are you renting a villa? Where did you find your rental? So many questions - so much confusion!!