Palma: Ferry to Valencia

May 12th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Original Poster

Palma: Ferry to Valencia

I will be in Palma for the first few days of July. I plan to take the ferry to Valencia. I've heard the ferries get full quickly. I'm wondering if it's OK to wait until I arrive in Palma to buy my ferry ticket? Or would it be better to buy it now? This would mean I wouldn't have the flexibility to arrive in Palma and see how much I enjoy it before deciding when to leave. But if it means I'll get a ferry ticket off the island, I'll do it! Thanks in advance for any advice.
May 13th, 2007, 07:05 AM

any particular reason you want to take the ferry instead of flying?

www.rumbo.es will give you names of all airlines and prices.. then book where you want.

ferries do fill up but more for the vehicles. it is impossible to guarantee there will be seats later.. only the ferry company can answer you.

the price changes.. so the sooner you buy them the cheaper they are.

a friend of mine just had to pay 20 euros more /person because they were having trouble with the credit card and had to re-reserve after three days..

May 13th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

thanks for your reply! no particular reason for the ferry ve flying. i thought it would be cheaper to take the ferry. i'm still not sure how much in advance i need to buy my tickets. i'd prefer to wait until i arrived in palma, because i'm not sure how much i'll like it. i am currently planning to stay 3 days, but if i fall in love with the island, maybe i'll want to stay 1 day or 2 more? if i wait until i get there july 1st, and then reserve once i have a better idea of how long i want to stay, i can have this flexibility. however, i'm not sure if ferry tickets need to be booked further than 3 or 4 days in advance. do i need to book now? - closer to 1 month in advance for a seat? i have no car. thanks so much!!!
May 13th, 2007, 09:51 AM

Tickets don't need to be bought in advance. But being July..I would do it if you really want to see Valencia.
By then will probably be difficult to find tickets for the ferry or for the flights (which are cheaper than the ferry).
May 13th, 2007, 11:18 AM

There are three ferry companies, and all have been expanding services. Generally, all three companies' ships sail overnight from Valencia to Palma and return from Palma to Valencia in the daytime. There are also services from Palma to Denia, with connecting buses from there to Valencia. It is extremely unlikely that all would be fully booked for foot passengers.
www.trasmediterranea.es
www.balearia.net
www.iscomar.com
Jun 5th, 2007, 04:49 AM

although beginning of july wil be America's Cup high point with huge crowds
Jun 5th, 2007, 03:26 PM

who knows. could be over in 5 days. first team to win 5 races is the winner. it begins june 23.