Palermo nightlife

Search

Palermo nightlife

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Palermo nightlife

We're 2 young women from Belgium travelling to Palermo in May. We already know what to do during the day, but can anyone tell what's Palermo like at night? And where can we find nice bars, "discopubs", clubs? Thanks!
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 08:20 AM

There are many bars, discos and clubs at Mondello beach. May might be a little early in the season so have your hotel check on openings in Mondello before you go out there. It is a short cab or bus ride from central Palermo.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 09:00 AM

The only places we went out at night were restaurants & the opera - not what you want to hear about, I suppose ?
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 05:38 PM

We just got back from Palermo and, although we are old fogies (mid-forties!), there was quite a nice bar in the Kalsa district. The bar was off Via Alloro, and if I remember correctly, across from the Abatellis Palazzo.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 03:10 AM

Pub and discos are spreaded around the city, but In the old center, 2 areas are especially crowded: piazza Olivella, close to teatro Massimo, and via Candelai, an alley full of places open all night in the weekends. I personally found this area too crowded, and prefer a place in via Celso, really close to via Candelai, called "Rocket bar", open till late night, closed sunday. I think the place mentioned above in the Kalsa district is the Mikalsa bar, nice place with over 200 kind of beers, (but you come from Belgium, one of the best countries in the world for beer, so I don't think you'll be impressed!)
have a nice stay - bye