Paging arewethereyet?

Search

Paging arewethereyet?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2005, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paging arewethereyet?

Are you still going to London? This second incident is disturbing and our travel plans seem very similar to yours. Just curious.
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 08:13 PM

OK - how many times are you going to page arewethereyet w/ the same question? This is at least the 2nd one I've seen.

It would be MUCH more sensible to post your question to one of arewethereyet's threads so there would be at least a bit more chance arewethereyet would see it.

barring that - it is better to top your previous thread rather starting another new one . . . . . .
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 09:51 PM

Hi Nancy, Yes it's disturbing and an unwanted start to our vacation, but our plans have not changed. We've planned this 4 country trip for years, and when you've basically put your heart and soul into something, you really have to step back and look at this critically. I still believe that our odds of being involved in anything are low. We have no guarantees. Only those of us who are going are having to make these difficult decisions, for everyone else it's just speculation. If yours is the post I read this morning, yes, I saw the similarities. All I know is that if we leave London after arrival, then we encounter more train travel. I'm not in favor of that. If we rented a car and tried to drive over there, well, let's just say I think we have better odds elsewhere. We have a reservation with justairports.com for a private car to take us both ways to and from the airport. Small price for the peace of mind. We have decided not to take the tube at all, but to walk and take a taxi when needed. We very much hope to take a bus ride and I expect we will. We have 4 nights total in London, 2 at the beginning of our trip and 2 at the end. Without completely revamping, I feel like this our best and safest alternative. I can tell you that I've check the plane seat assignments online, and there are the same number of empty seats as yesterday, and a few less than 2 weeks ago. Remember that London is loaded with tourists, and we will not be alone. Basically, our "must do" sites in London are the Tower, Westminster Abbey, a play, and tea at the Orangerie. I really believe that we will be fine, and we will go on to see 3 other wonderful countries, and we'll all grow from it. I hope you'll join us, and perhaps we can even meet and make a toast to the trip we've been waiting to long to take! God Bless!
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 10:15 PM

Make that "waiting SO long to take"!
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

We'll see you there!