Packing 4 Interlaken in May

Old Apr 10th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Packing 4 Interlaken in May

Hi everyone,

I'm staying in Interlaken May 16th-18th. My current pack-list for things I might wear at this part of my trip (I'm traveling for 3 weeks all over) includes a very lightweight sweater (not much heavier than a long sleeve t-shirt), a black fleece jacket (old navy), other tshirts for a first layer, new balance crosstrainers, 3/4 length yoga pants, and a breathable rain jacket. I'm generally hotblooded but I'm wondering if the pants will not be warm enough during this time in Switzerland. I will also pack a pair of full length very lightweight khakis, but not sure how appropriate they would be for outdoor activities (they'd be horrid for wet weather). Any thoughts? I haven't a clue what outdoor activities I'll be doing and what's available. I'm pretty limited as far as packing goes b/c I'm packing everything in a carry-on backpack (I hate hate hate packing a lot). If need be, could I buy clothes there??

Thanks!!!
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 04:48 PM
rex

topping...
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 05:50 PM

I would make sure you have one pair of full length reasonable warm pants - esp if you plan on ascending any of the mountains - which will still have skiing at the time.

(We took the trains up the Jungrau in June and some people in our car in tee shirts, shorts and sandals were turning very blue by the timne we got to the top - and left immediately instead of seeing anything. You don;t need winter clothes - but to go out into the snow you do need full length pants and shirt, sweater and light jacket as well as waterproof shoes.
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much nytraveler, for responding to both of my posts!

I think i'm going to look into a vacuum pack type bag to seal up some fleecey pants real tight and throw them in.