Search

Overnight Train from Venice to Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overnight Train from Venice to Paris

Hi,

I am trying to book a Double Sleeper ticket for my girlfriend and I this upcoming March. The train is the Artesia EN #220, which is an overnight train from Venice to Paris. When I go to the booking page, I can either book at the Flexi rate (350 euro) or the Go WL rate (270 euro).

I know that some of the other rates (Global, etc) require rail passes, which we don't have. Does anyone know anything about the "Go" rate? Are there any special requirements, or is it just cheaper because we are booking early? I just don't want to book it and then find out when we try to board that we don't meet the requirements!

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 09:41 AM

From the Trenitalia website:

Go WL
Fare subject to limited availability. Available only for accommodation in Double or Triple Wagon Lits. Can be bought up until 30 days before departure.
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

hi ripit,

Do you know are there any special requirements, or is it just cheaper because we are booking early?

Any cabin difference (like the berth, amenity or services included) between Flexi and Go WL?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 05:52 PM

Its a promotional fare.
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

hi Kealoha,

thanks for your post.

does it mean just because of we re booking early so we can buy in a promotional fare? No other requirement?

does it mean we can get the same cabin as we buy the ticket in Flexi 1 (euro350)?

We just don't want to book it and then find out when we try to board that we don't meet the requirements!

many thanks!

Old Feb 8th, 2007, 07:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i am no expert but that sounds expensive (for 1 for 2?). i know i did the same route a few years back, booked in europe at a train station just a few days before traveling. we went on day train Venice to Milan. then boarded overnight-only train Milan to Paris. it was great btw!
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Original Poster

hi Suze,

The Go WL rate euro270 is for 2 people, so when considering you can arrive another city when you wake up in the morning and it saves 1 nite's hotel fee and time for airport transportation, I guess it's very justified, especially if it just charges euro270.

thanks