Overnight - Milan/Malpensa

Old Feb 5th, 2000, 04:50 PM
dixie

Overnight - Milan/Malpensa

Hi- We (myself, daughter and 11yr old grandson) will be returning to Milan via train from Venice, etc. I am looking for a place to sleep for the night and have time to get to the airport for a 11:00am flight. The trains from Venice do not seem to leave early enough. Any suggestions of nice, inexpensive places? Thanks in advance. This is a great forum!

Old Feb 5th, 2000, 07:40 PM
Marilynne Pryor

You might try the Villa Malpensa -- very convenient to airport and a nice place to overnight. They can make arrangements to get you to the airport, also.

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 07:53 PM
ralphie

I took an early flight to Malpensa and stayed nearby at Hotel Cervo, which is minutes from the gate, just off the highway. The place is simple, clean, and has a shuttle bus to the airport. They have a simple website with email links--the site can be reached from a link somewhere on www.malpensa.it (that's how I found them)

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 07:54 PM
ralphie

Re my previous post. I meant to say I took an early flight FROM Malpensa.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 08:09 AM
Shannon

My husband and I will be staying overnight at the Villa Malpensa before flying back home. I've never been there before and couldn't find anything else I was confident would be close enough to the airport. Try this website: http://www.karenbrown.com/italyinns/villamalpensa.html, it has a link to the hotel's site, but that's in Italian.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 08:02 PM
Deena

We stayed at the Villa Malpensa three years ago and were very pleased with it. We found a wonderful restaurant in a tiny village behind the hotel (very tiny village). The food was wonderful even though the restaurant didn't look like much from the outside. The hotel was quite beautiful, like a villa. It certainly did not look like the typical airport hotels. Enjoy!!