overnight in Frankfort

Search

overnight in Frankfort

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
overnight in Frankfort

I have read several threads on Frankfort, things to see and do. However, nothing really answers a question I have. We will be flying home out of Frankfort, and we will have the better part of a day to sight see before we fly home. We were thinking of staying close to the airport, but decided seeing we have never been to Frankfort we would like to see the city and what it offers. Is there anywhere that we should book a hotel and will be able to check out the sights? We do not leave for home until 2:00 p.m. so we don't have to rush to the airport. Any suggestions would be grealy appreciated.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 01:17 PM

frankfurt.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 01:36 PM
DAX

I've stayed in these two hotels multiple times:

Steigenberger Hotel(expensive but worth it for the room quality & nice area)

NH Frankfurt City (low priced, good quality business hotel, relatively new). It's close to Sheraton Arabella where celebrities like Madonna stayed. There are a couple of good Italian restaurants nearby, very close to the shopping & food mile.

Not much to see in Frankfurt city itself but it's not a nice enough city to overnight, be sure to visit the Roemer and the reincarnated old buildings across the attractive cobble stone square.

I don't recommend staying near the train station as the area is not so desirable.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 01:39 PM
DAX

typo, should have been: ...but it's a nice enough city to overnight...

I've also stayed at the very large Intercontinental twice but I really don't like its inconvenient location,and also far from any metro stop.
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 05:35 AM

Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof is the name. Also check out the Schlosshotel Kronberg at LHW.COM if you like castles, and only 15 minutes from the airport.
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 07:38 AM

I suggest you stay in Mainz, which is a much, much nicer city than Frankfurt. It has a nice Old Town square and has some nice sights (check out the church with the Chagall windows!).

It is the same distance from the airport as Frankfurt --- just the other direction. Train/S-Bahn connections are easy --- same as going to Frankfurt.