Other major attractions in Granada?

Old Feb 6th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other major attractions in Granada?

Hi,

We are planning to be on a cruise that makes a stop at Malaga. We are organizing with other friends a private tour to Granada. I know that the major attraction there is the Alhambra. I 'm trying to figure out if there are other "must sees" in Granada that we should try to fit in during the visit. Unfortunately , due to time constraints, we will only have approx. 5 hours total in Granada.

I have been looking at my travel books on Spain and it seems to me that the Alhambra and then the Albaicin are the highlights in Granada. I would appreciate if any of you that has been to Granada can either confirm this or give their thoughts of how to organize my 5 hours there. We will get there around 10:30 and have to leave by 3:30.

Thank you in advance for any info!
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 11:13 AM
kja

The Alhambra is rightfully your highest priority destination, and it makes sense IMHO to try to include some time for the Albaicin. If you have more time - and you might not! - you might consider the Catedral and Capilla Real. Enjoy
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 12:08 PM

5 hours will be fine for the Alhambra and walk around the outside area...lunch and you're done. It'll be a great day.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 01:04 PM

You could easily use up all five hours at the Alhambra and Generalife, but a stop in Albaicin would be worthwhile if you finish up earlier, just to get a look at the Alhambra from a distance if there isn't time for wandering.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 01:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi, cruisluv,

you must reserve in advance for the alhambra.

IMO if you want to see the albercin as well as the alhambra you'll not have time to see the Generalife - it took us all day to go round the whole site.

You could spend the morning doing the alhambra, [timed tickets let you into the royal palaces, the rest is up to you] have lunch [cafes and sandwich bars in the alhambra, or wait til you get up to the albaicin]then catch the bus from outside right up to the albercain [guide books will tell you which one to catch - they are very frequent].

Have a great time!