Reload this Page >

Other Discussion Boards???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 04:55 PM
Kathy

What are your favorite "discussion boards" for European travel besides Fodors.com?

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Stella

www.chowhound.com <BR>www.ricksteves.com <BR>www.frommers.com <BR>www.patriciawells.com <BR>www.getawaytravel.com <BR>but unfortunately, this site is degenerating into www.lonelyplanet.com

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 06:05 AM
elaine

www.concierge.com

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 07:06 AM
Art

If you are interested in Eastern Europe such as Poland and Romania, I've found Lonely Planet to have the most information on those areas. I agree with Stella, that this forum has been deteriorating over the last few months. I've found Lonelyplanet Eastern Europe area to be very informative with no more nastiness then we have had here lately. I have not looked at the other areas at LP so can not comment. The other comment that I would have is I would agree with registration in the form of Lonelyplanet. You could still post anonymously but those really nasty posters could be bared. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 08:15 AM
Marc David Miller

I agree with Art re: Lonely Planet and Eastern Europe, although the idiocy quotient is very high. Also AOL's bulletin boards are generally thoughtful.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 04:06 PM
Lucy

For Paris www.bonjourparis.com is fantastic.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 04:16 PM
StCirq

For France, www.delphi.com/PBProvence/start

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 05:04 PM
liz

Try www.slowtrav.com it's a great site with loads of info and the message board is starting to get quite active.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 04:55 AM
elaine

liz <BR>are you sure about that url? <BR>I can't get www.slowtrav.com to work

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Peter

Try Virtualtourist.com

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Capo

I used to really enjoy reading and posting on the Frommer's France & Italy message boards. <BR> <BR>St.Cirq, out of curiousity, I checked out that France board. Looks like some very interesting discussions there, but I found the layout of the site to be very cluttered with ads and whatnot. It made me appreciate the design of this Fodor's forum all the more.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Ursula

I sometimes check out: <BR> <BR>www.cityvox.com <BR> <BR>for most European cities. However, it's rather for inputs that for the forum. <BR>They have some good suggestions for places to stay, to eat, to have fun. <BR>And it's definitely a forum where mostly Europeans post. But this should not deter you to have a look at. <BR>

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 12:54 PM
StCirq

Capo: <BR> <BR>You're right about the clutter on Delphi. When we first set up that board about a year ago, it was very clean and ad-free. Over the year, the junk has increased amazingly. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to stop it - Delphi just slaps it up there. It does make one appreciate Fodor's.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 01:13 PM
clairobscur

WWW.eurotrip.com for young backpackers <BR> <BR>www.lonely.com : a lot of offensive posts, but useful especially for unusual destinations. <BR> <BR>The rec.travel.europe board on the usenet

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 03:16 PM
Capo

Thanks, St.Cirq.

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Escritora

For Spain--all Spain, and not just Madrid, the name notwithstanding--got to www.madridman.com. There's a ton of information and a message board that for the most part suffers neither juvenilia nor abusiveness--what a concept!

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 09:14 PM
Frank

For Ireland try the following: <BR> <BR>WWW.Irelandexpert.com All around site with good travel forum and great Ireland Guide/Links Etc. <BR> <BR>www.goireland.about.com forum that covers all cutural, historical, travel etc. related issue about Ireland <BR> <BR>www.irelandyes.com another forum that will answer your travel questions on Ireland. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 10:26 PM
Susan

for Italy.....www.initaly.com/discus