Oslo fjord ferry to five islands

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2023, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be spending a few days in Oslo in July-August time frame, and I am just now beginning to do some research. I have come across the island ferry in the fjord that makes a circuit of 5 islands very close to Oslo, like line B1 or B2, a one hour circuit of the 5 islands. This little jaunt intrigues me, and I am wondering if there are any cute/quaint little restaurants/sandwich places at any of the stops. (Lindoya has been mentioned.) I am envisioning an idyllic day cruising the islands, with a brief stop at one of them for a nice little lunch along side the shore. We are not hikers (age), but short walks on relatively flat ground is ok. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old Jan 9th, 2023, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BillJ
We will be spending a few days in Oslo in July-August time frame, and I am just now beginning to do some research. I have come across the island ferry in the fjord that makes a circuit of 5 islands very close to Oslo, like line B1 or B2, a one hour circuit of the 5 islands. This little jaunt intrigues me, and I am wondering if there are any cute/quaint little restaurants/sandwich places at any of the stops. (Lindoya has been mentioned.) I am envisioning an idyllic day cruising the islands, with a brief stop at one of them for a nice little lunch along side the shore. We are not hikers (age), but short walks on relatively flat ground is ok. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
In summer a few of such places are open on each island, but it's mostly the outdoors there, so there's toilets, and something like a kiosk. You can check yourselves for those islands. I think only Bleikøya has something like what you're describing. If you take the ferry across to Bygdøya you'll have more infrastructure. Here's the routes: baat-linjekart-01112021.pdf