Orly to Latin Quarter

Search

Orly to Latin Quarter

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orly to Latin Quarter

We will be flying from Avignon to Orly, arriving in Paris at 4:30 pm. We are two people, probably three suitcases. Does the Air France shuttle go anywhere near Luxemborg Gardens, our hotel area? If not, suggestions on most direct/cost effective method of transportation appreciated. Thanks!
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 07:25 PM

Not really, that is in the Latin Qtr and there aren't major bus depots in that part of the city, it's too old and the infrastructure couldn't support it. The AF bus goes to Invalides from Orly.

There is an Orly bus that goes to Denfert RER station, and you could take the RER there a few stops to Luxembourg stop, it's the same line. That wouldn't be too hard. Or, you could just take the RER from near the airport the entire way (from Anthony stop), might as well just do that. You have to take some short shuttle (tram, I think, I haven't done it) from Orly to Anthony, and that is called Orlyval.

It's just a matter of opinion as to what is cost effective, as it depends how you value certain things (for the effectiveness measure). I wouldn't bother with any of that stuff and would just take a taxi, myself, but it's if your hotel is really a short walk from Luxembourg stop, it's not too difficult. I just don't think you'll save that much money for two people that way, over taking a taxi. Maybe 15-20 euro or so, as I think Orlyval is kind of pricey, actually. So that would not rate high on my cost effectiveness measure, but maybe yours.
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Neopolitan

As I recall our taxi from Orly to the 5th (next to St. Severin) was about 25 euros. I'm not sure that two tickets on most shuttles will save you enough to worry about.

Old Sep 5th, 2006, 01:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Orlyval automated rail + RER B can take you directly to the Luxembourg station from Orly. I think it runs about 8.50 € per ticket.
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 05:51 AM
ira

Hi B,

See http://tinyurl.com/kbw6y for various means of transportation.

Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Just back from our trip. The ride from Orly to Latin Quarter was only 23 euro for the two of us and our luggage. Not bad at all. FYI, from our hotel to CDG for our trip home was 55 euro, flat rate.
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:37 AM

Just for the sake of clarity, the Air France bus stops at Gare Montparnasse before going on to Invalides. You can also request a stop at Porte d'Orleans. Cost = E9.00. Not a good option.

Orlyval to Antony + RER to Luxembourg = E9.10

Orlybus to Denfert-Rochereau = E6.00
RER from Denfert-Rochereau to Luxembourg = E1.40