Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Opinions on Villa Franca in Positano and Intercontinental in Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 07:50 AM
michelle

I am considering making reservations at the De La Ville Intercontinental in Rome (I got a great deal) and Villa Franca in Positano (Le Sirenuse was twice the price for a room with a balcony/view). Any comments on these hotels? I usually like a smaller more intimate hotel with excellent service and more personalized attention...and getting a nice discount doesn't hurt. Thanks for any comments.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 11:23 AM
Maria

We stayed at Villa Franca this past May and I couldn't have been more pleased with our selection. The hotel was very bright and cheery decorated with lemon motifs and ceramic tiles. There is a rooftop pool with a fantastic view, since the hotel is located at the top of the road leading down to the beach. The hotel provides a shuttle down/up or there are stairs next to the hotel. We did not eat in the restaurant, but the breakfast buffet was excellent and even included pizza! We would stay there again without a doubt.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 11:48 AM
nicki

Can you reach the hotel by car? I've heard many hotels in Positano can be reached only by foot so one has to lug their own luggage. If I have a driver will he be able to drop us off in front? Also, how far is the Sita bus if we decide to use it to see other towns. <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR> <BR>Nicki

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 11:53 AM
Sharon

You can park right at the hotel. <BR>The taxi can pull up right to the entrance. <BR>The sita bus stop is across the street. <BR>This is my favorite hotel, I would never stay any place else in Positano.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 01:01 PM
michelle

Thank you for your responses about Villa Franca. I will definitely book the hotel. Their website looks great but you never know until you talk to people who have stayed there! Since everyone talks so much about the 2 premium properties, Le Sirenuse and Il Pietro, I didn't want my money-saving option to be a disappointment. <BR> <BR>I would still love to hear any comments about the De La Ville Intercontinental in Rome. Thanks again!