opinions on this apartment in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are going to Paris next October for 10 days. We are almost renting

http://www.vrbo.com/215189

and we would love some feedback before sending the deposit.
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it looks good and the location is central. Seems a little dark but that wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me because it's probably also very quiet. Since you don't mention any specific or unique requirements, I'd say take it.
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 12:53 PM
cw

I agree. It's a great central location, and only one flight up. It seems to only have two windows but you'll be out most of the time when it's daylight and it probably won't affect you at all. Looks good.
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 04:25 PM

It looks very nice. No washer or dryer; don't know how important it is to you. After having spent a couple of valuable Paris hours in a laundromat last time, I look for that luxury now.
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 09:39 PM

I just received the keys to that apartment yesterday. It's also posted on another rental website. I've stayed on that street for 19 years, actually next door to the building. The laundromat is at street level almost right next door.

I sent my deposit nearly a year ago and before any reviews were posted. It just went on the rental market in 2009. The owner has been great. Very professional and prompt at answering all e-mails. I also received the information packet on how to work things in the apartment. Happy Travels!
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 12:31 AM

No need to spend hours in the laundromat. I use the one next to your apt. Put the clothes in, go to Paul across the street for breakfast, return and put clothes in dryer , have a second cup of coffee!Love the area, have stayed there many times over the past 20 years.
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 08:46 AM

Forgot to add that the information packet on how to work things has photos of the items to make it easier....like if the electricity has been accidentally turned off, how to turn it on. The same with the water. So, photos were taken of things like the electric box and the water valve and how to turn them on in case someone accidentally turned them off. There's also info and photos on how to use the two telephones. One is for incoming calls and the other for outgoing calls and calls to the U.S. are free! There's also WiFi and cable TV and a DVD player. It all looks very easy. Happy Travels!