Search

opera tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:29 AM
B

opera tickets

How would I find the schedule and acquire tickets for the opera in Vienna? I tried an on-line search, but it seems I only find things in Austrian. . .<BR><BR>Appreciate the feedback.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Hans

What's Austrian?

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:38 AM
OO

Try Global Tickets for the Wiener Staatsoper. <BR>It's in English!<BR><BR>www.globaltickets.com/THEBS/VV01.htm

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:23 AM
B

Hans,<BR>German. Sorry. I was trying to do three things at once. My husband told me not to post anything on this site, that people were outright nasty. I'll refrain from posting in the future.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:47 AM
xxx

Beth, if you think someone asking &quot;what's Austrian&quot; is nasty, then I think you'd best stay home. Your skin is far too thin to travel.

Old Feb 7th, 2003, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello<BR>I have two options for you. Here is the Volksoper site in English:<BR>http://www.volksoper.at/Content.Node2/home/eninfo/2222.php<BR>And here is Wien online:<BR>http://www.magwien.gv.at/english/culture.htm<BR>The Wien online site has a calender of events you can click and it will give you what's happening when you will be there.<BR>Volksoper site you can order by fax or e-mail. We have been there twice and both times ordered our tickets with a credit card via e-mail. No problems at all and a wonderful place to see operetta. The Wien online will also list the Staatoper venue. Try not to go through an agent, they will overcharge you. Both these operahouses can be contacted directly and do speak English.<BR>Hope that helps.<BR>