Opera schedule for Vienna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2003, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be going to Vienna in a few weeks and have been trying to get the opera schedule. Does anyone know how to get it? Also, has anyone had luck getting last minute tickets? We would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 04:15 PM

Google says their site is www.wiener-staatsoper.at/Content.Node2/ home/eninfo/2172.php
I am sfraid I do not know about late booking.

[email protected]
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:21 AM

The following link will give you an idea of what is playing at the Staatoper or Volksoper: http://www.nethotels.com/events/engl...ts.asp?Group=7
As to getting tickets, both have websites that you can order from quite safely. You can also get standing room only tickets for the Staatoper about an hour or so before the performance by waiting in a special line.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:53 AM

The spaces reserved for the standing-room only tickets are pretty good. Just bring a scarf to reserve your place during intermission. I would try this instead of trying to track down last minute tickets.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 10:45 AM

I walked up and got terrific loge seats day-of, but there were the last 2 non-SRO tickets left and it was the first week of November.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 11:32 AM

We were in Vienna last November and purchased tickets to a performance by telephone. It was very easy; English was spoken by the ticket person on the phone. Look for the phone number on the English section of the web site that Ben provided. At the time we ordered tickets it was difficult to purchase tickets on-line in English. It may have changed now.
While in Vienna we decided to attend another performance, but all other non-SRO tickets were sold out. Bird is correct in that the SRO areas were reasonably comfortable.
BTW they use a system similar to the Metropolitan with English translation on the seat in front of you. Very convenient.