Opera in Paris

Oct 14th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Barb

Opera in Paris

We will be in Paris in April, 2003, for a few days. I would like to buy tickets to see an opera during our visit. I have been unable to use the ticket ordering function on the opera's own web site because I do not read French very well. Does anyone know a web site in English that I could use to order tickets on line? I would like to surprise my husband with the tickets for a Christmas present this year. Any advice would be appreciated.

Barb

Oct 14th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Paula

Barb,
We ordered tickets for the ballet through opera-de-paris.com but they aren't easy to get. Good luck!
Paula

Oct 14th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Gretchen

Try this. If it works google.com is a wizard.

http://www.paris.org/Monuments/Opera.Bastille/season9495.html

Oct 15th, 2002, 04:30 AM
operalover

Going to the Opera in Paris is a fabulous experience, but booking tickets via the Paris Opéra website most definitely isn't!!

Ticket sales open for different productions at different times, with Web sales available first, then phone, then ticket office sales. Also, you may not get the full range of seat categories over the Internet, and you can't select the position of your seat.

That said, it is possible to reserve, in English! Go to the site www.operadeparis.fr, and click the logo to enter. Then click on "Billeterie en ligne" in the pop-up window. You'll get another pop-up with info on the productions, and towards the corner on the left is a link to switch to English language.
You'll find that booking is not open yet for all productions next spring. You can get details of the reservation opening dates on the site, by clicking Informations - réservations 2002-2003 (on the homepage) and then "ouverture des réservations".

It may seem a bit painstaking but do persevere, both the Opera Bastille and the Opera Garnier put on stunning performances.

Oct 15th, 2002, 04:33 AM
operalover

Going to the Opera in Paris is a fabulous experience, but booking tickets via the Paris Opéra website most definitely isn't!!

Ticket sales open for different productions at different times, with Web sales available first, then phone, then ticket office sales. Also, you may not get the full range of seat categories over the Internet, and you can't select the position of your seat.

That said, it is possible to reserve, in English! Go to the site www.operadeparis.fr, and click the logo to enter. Then click on "Billeterie en ligne" in the pop-up window. You'll get another pop-up with info on the productions, and towards the corner on the left is a link to switch to English language.
You'll find that booking is not open yet for all productions next spring. You can get details of the reservation opening dates on the site, by clicking Informations - réservations 2002-2003 (on the homepage) and then "ouverture des réservations".

It may seem a bit painstaking but do persevere, both the Opera Bastille and the Opera Garnier put on stunning performances.

Oct 17th, 2002, 01:55 PM
barb

Operalover'
Thanks so much for your help. I have figured out how to use the ordering function following your directions. I also learned that the opera I am interested in getting tickets to will not have seats going on sale until mid-January. I will plan to get my order in early and look forward to the experience of opera in Paris.