one way car hire

Apr 24th, 2003, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

one way car hire

Hello folks,
Am visiting Andalucia for 10 days in June. Travelling budget style - but not rock bottom - so was thinking of hiring a car for a few days - maybe 2-3. Thought to pick it up Sevilla and drop off Granada - or Malaga Airport. Would love to hear from anyone who has done a one-way hire in Spain. Who did you use; how much did it cost? Would you recommend?
Many thanks.
Apr 24th, 2003, 10:11 AM

One way rentals are allowed by Hertz- but I do not know if there is an UPCHARGE...

You can also contact autoeurope==their cars are way cheaper but I have no idea if they do one way rentals or not....
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:38 PM

In May, I am renting from Avis in Grenada to drop off in Lisbon a week later. Don't have details but there was definitely a drop off fee.
Apr 24th, 2003, 12:56 PM

call autoeurope, they have great prices and drop fees will be small as long as you stay in the same country where you picked up. if you drop off in another conutry the rates go way up.
Apr 24th, 2003, 01:30 PM

Rented a 7 person van for 5 days from www.rentacar-europe.com last year one way with a pick up in Sevilla and drop off in Malaga. They are apparently a "clearing house" for all the major rental companies. Our pick-up was as if we rented from Alamo directly but we definitely had cheaper rates. Go to their website and enter all your info and they will spit back an estimate with no commitments, even repeatedly trying different dates and levels of cars. Smooth and hassle free...all over the internet. I don't exactly recall how much it was...I believe in the area of $70 a day...a bargain with 6 people traveling in a van. If you're more comfortable speaking to someone, their phone # is on the home page. They are run out of N. Ireland.
Apr 24th, 2003, 04:08 PM

We used www.rentacar-europe.com in Germany last year. Rented in Munich and dropped off at Frankfurt airport with no extra drop off or one way charge. Don't know about Spain. Our car was also from Alamo--a new Opel station wagon in perfect condition. I know they also use National car rental.