Reload this Page >

one perfect day in Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:28 AM
snoopy

We've been to Accademia and Ufizzi on a previous bus tour. We will have one full day in this city. Other than the museiums, how would you spend it?

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 06:00 AM
Debbie

Boboli Gardens is beautiful and offers a great view of the city on one side and Tuscan countryside on the other. It requires some walking. Otherwise I would just wander the city, if you were on a bus tour before you miss much. Piazza Michelangelo is supposed to be beautiful at sunset, The duomo, Piazza Annunziato, Gelato, etc.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 07:42 AM
Linda

Shopping and Fiesole. If you are there at the end of June, they have what I can only describe as a medieval futball game with lots of pageantry and costumes. Also, Robert & Elizabeth Browning had a home there & Pitti Palace.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:00 PM
Lee

Get to your favorite large bookstore and look in the travel section for a slender book titled Florence Walks or Walks in Florence. You can self guide yourself through a great deal that way. We took the walk that we followed across the Ponte Veccio into the craftsman area of Florence and found wonderful woodcarvers, finally ending up in the Boboli Gardens. A great buy. <BR>Have a good time

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:20 PM
Annie

Here's a second vote for the Boboli Gardens. It's a lovely, tranquil place, especially if you arrive in the morning and beat the crowds. Adjacent Pitti Palace is also fabulous. Browse the Ponte Vecchio, and I'lll defer to the true experts on this board to help you plan the rest of your day. Enjoy. <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 06:31 PM
millie

Get a 1-day bus pass for very little money and tour all attrations, there are couples of routes that are short and interesting. Bus # 13 brings you right to Piazza Michelangelo. Have a great trip.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 06:49 PM
JOdy

Boboli gardens, fiesole, or pz. michelangelo, or maybe all 3!! it could be done. I'd skip Pittti palace, too much for 1 day. or just wander around, visit churches, shops, the market, Medici chapel,,

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 01:14 AM
topper

topping

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 06:37 AM
carol

Wander around the Oltrarno, like Trastevere, it's the "other side" of the river, and there are many artisans' workshops, antique stores, and generally interesting streets to stroll. It's also the area where working class Florentines live...and I know you don't want to know about museums, but the Carmine and Santo Spirito churches are also in the Oltrarno and well worth visiting.