Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Advance purchase of Paris Museum Passes?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 11:54 AM
MakaNui

Can anyone tell me if I can purchase Museum Passes for Paris in advance of our arrival? I'd like to purchase them online if I can.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Book Chick

The site is www.parisplus.com <BR> <BR>Having said this, I don't know anyone who's obtained their passes through them, therefore cannot vouch for their reliability. They also sell batobus passes, RER/Metro passes & Openbus passes. <BR> <BR>They seem ridiculously expensive, as opposed to buying them in Paris. <BR>BC

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 12:14 PM
elvira

I used parisplus to buy TEN museum passes for a gaggle of girls, and was willing to pay the vig for the convenience; for just a couple or so, buy them in the metro stations or at any of the museums (usually in the gift shops)when you arrive.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 12:18 PM
donna

I used ticketavenue.com for the museum passes. <BR> <BR>Supposedly they will be at my hotel when I arrive next week.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Fred

If you want to get museum passes before you leave (you will pay a hefty premium), call: <BR>800-869-8184 (lost the name of the company) or <BR>go to http://www.conciergerie.com/hall.shtml or <BR>go to http://www.ticketsto.com or <BR>go to http://www.parisplus.com or call them at 800-950-8673 <BR>For more Paris information e-mail me – [email protected] <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 01:45 PM
Betty

If, as most seem to indicate, it costs more to order museum passes in advance off the internet, why do it? Is there any danger of not being able to get them once you arrive in Paris?

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 02:52 PM
Christina

There are a lot of places online that sell them, all seem to be about 15 pct+ markup, of course, as they are all for-profit agencies selling them. There is no reason at all to buy them ahead of time, there is no danger of not being able to buy one in Paris. I don't know why people do this, as the trouble of buying them online, paying, perhaps following up, perhaps not getting one, having to remember to pack it, etc, would seem to far far outweight whatever inconvenience one expects to find by buying one in Paris (which is like buying any ticket at a window, it takes a few minutes). But people have very different travel habits, it's interesting sometimes.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 06:43 AM
Fred

Betty- <BR> Very easy to get them in Paris at museums, larger metro stations, some hotels, the tourist office. Some people just like to have everything possible in advance. For more Paris information e-mail me – [email protected]