Reload this Page >

One day in London

Search

One day in London

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2001, 06:10 AM
Terry

One day in London

Here's my dilemma. There will be eight adults and one child travelling to Ireland with a one day stopover in London. We arrive into Gatwick in the morning and depart from Stansted the following noon. Rather than get a couple of cabs to a hotel and then try to figure out what to do, I was hoping there was a service that could pick us up at the airport, give us a tour of the city and drop us at out hotel in the evening. Needless to say, we would need a vehicle that could accommodate nine and a drver who could be flexible with stops/routine. Any suggestions?

Old May 13th, 2001, 08:10 AM
Rex

This is likely to be expensive no matter what service you find. I can't give you any personal experience with a service that has a vehicle large enough to hold all nine of you. You might consider http://www.chauffeur.co.uk - - recommended from personal experience by myself, by Elvira (marna) and others on this forum. they can certainly do it using their TWO seven passenger vans. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old May 13th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Linda

Don't know if what you want exists. It would probably be cheaper to get a shuttle service to your hotel, drop off your bags, then take a bus tour of the city. (There are quite a few threads on this site that deal with both of these.) The bus tours can be very flexible because you can get on/off as you wish.

Old May 14th, 2001, 06:11 AM
Janie

Hi Terry, <BR>Drop your bags off at the hotel (assuming central London?). Then find out where you can get on a hopon-hopoff bus to do a tour of London - costs approx. £12.50. You can get on and off where you please (at particular stops). <BR>If you want to write to my address personally, I could find out a website address to give you details of the London bus tours and if it is close to your hotel.

Old May 14th, 2001, 06:32 AM
Shannon

Try www.bigbus.co.uk,I believe that is the the website for The Big Bus tours. If not, then it is .com. It gives you all information about the tours, including pick up points, and stops along the way.

Old May 14th, 2001, 07:39 AM
Lori

Terry, <BR>Contact Ray Skinner at www.london-transfers.com. Ray operates a driver service and I know they have vans (he took us to Heathrow in a Toyota van, altho you will need something larger I guess). You can contact him via his website for additional info. I must say we found Ray to be a very nice person and extremely business like (also his driver that picked us up at Heathrow when we arrived). Even if you decide to go to a hotel and drop off your bags please take a driver service into London, do not attempt public transportation with such a large group (and luggage) and regular taxi's are very expensive. Driver service companies have set fees. You can very possibly get your hotel rooms by noon so I'd go to the hotel (leave bags if not rooms not available) go take a walk and have breakfast/lunch, come back freshen up and go see something of London. You do not say where you are traveling from but you are going to be tired, I cannot imagine wanting to tour all day (with a child too) without freshening up, etc. first. <BR>