On posting itineraries

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:35 AM
x

On posting itineraries

Okay, maybe I'm paranoid and cynical. But it always surprises me how people on this board don't think twice about posting their detailed itineraries on this public forum for all strangers to read. Hotel names, check in and out dates, and sometimes their names and real email addresses. Please be careful everyone. At the very least, someone could cancel your reservation using a doctored email address. And at the very worst, personal safety can be compromised. Just my opinion.

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:38 AM
xxx

I never thought of it that way. I will now be anonymous on this board. Thanks for the information!

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:44 AM
zzz

Omigod! xxx is impersonating the e-mail address of x!

Old May 28th, 2002, 10:45 AM
sandi

A lot of people don't use their full or even a real email address. Don't worry Mom, we'll be careful.

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:26 AM
anon

The conundrum of modern day life: the desire to feel that someone will notice you vs the anonymity of most people's lives today.

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Heather

"x", recently, I saw a thread started by a woman alone concerned about safety during her travels. However, she posted the dates of where she was going and in which hotels she was staying. Offering information *that* specific is incredibly trusting. Your note of caution is well intended and a good reminder of something to keep in mind if you are using your "real" name and/or email address (as I do).

I'm not sure that you're paranoid nor cynical, but it reminds me of the old saying that "a paranoid is someone who has all of the facts." ;-)