Notices

Ommegang Pageant Brussels

Old Oct 16th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ommegang Pageant Brussels

I will be in Brussels on the first Thursday of July and understand that the Ommegang Pageant will be going on. I have not been able to find many details on this event. Does anyone know where in Brussels it will take place, time it will be going on, any cost involved etc. I appreciate any info. Thanks
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 12:29 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I went to the Ommegang this past July and I got tickets just two weeks before. (Our trip was very last minute.) The website was/is
http://www.visitbelgium.com/bepres02.htm

The dates have not been announced yet, but the first week in July is usually the time frame. I got the tickets by e-mailing annik at the address at the bottom who repiled back within a day. I picked up the tickets at the tourist office in the Grand Place the day we got into Brussels, which was the day before the Ommegang.

I highly recommend it! You won't believe the stilt walkers--and be prepared to take LOTS of photos!

Judy
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Judy. It looks quite spectacular. How much were the tickets? What do the tickets get you? Is it for entrance or seating or ....? Is this an all day affair or will we have time to see some sights also? Regards
Barb
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 07:57 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I could be more specific if I had not reorganized my files--now I can't find anything! If I remember correctly, the tickets were about Euro 42 and they are priced by sections. I think this was the mid-price range. There is tier seating (like a football stadium) erected on three sides of the Grand Place and there are about 3000 seats total-no standing room. The Ommegang starts at 9pm and lasts about 2 hours so you should have plenty of time to sightsee before the parade begins.

I was surprised to be able to get tickets so close to the actual date, but they did still have tickets for sale at the Tourist Office on the day before, but all the best seats had been sold. The night of the Ommegang all the seats were filled.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but if I find my ticket stubs I will reply again.

Judy

I found a seating "plan" on www.ommegang-brussels,be before I e-mailed the tourist office, but this website seems to be down at the moment.
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was planning on one day in Brussels (and one night) before moving on, so it sounds like we can see the sights and the pageant in one day. I found a site for the pageant and emailed them. The date for 2005 has not been set at this time. I appreciate your help.